Post Your Reloading Bench Pictures

Here is a pic I have of it when it was still being built. I put mine in my office so I focused a little more the cosmetics. It is made of reclaimed truck decking and built like a brick $#*%house.

No idea why it is sideways....it is upright on my iPad.

That's nice! I definitely like the darker stain you used. It gives the reclaimed wood a more rustic, rugged, and well-weathered look.

I have since moved my room to another part of my basement since I posted the first pic. I have learned that a work bench is not a reloading bench too...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 170
What kind of restrictions are you under Brit. I think for us here in the US, the hardest part sometimes can be finding components that we need, such as bullets, powder, & cases (if you have a gun with uncommon brass). Manufactured ammo here has dramatically increased in price over the last couple of years, and is also difficult to find at times, so reloading has increased nation-wide. That has led to the shortage of components. On the bright side, we have virtually no controls on a the production of ammonia for personal use, however there are a tremendous controls on producing ammo commercially.

Hi.
We too have struggled with reloading supplies being at the end of a long supply chain. Things are improving though.

We have some tough restrictions. Only handguns allowed are black powder front stuffers. Only semi auto rifle allowed are the .22 rimfires.

All firearms are licensed by local police. You have to show them good reason for each and every firearm you want. Target shooting and or hunting.

Extensive background checks and two referees to vouch for your good character.
Ammunition is licensed and restricted to a quantity you negotiate with police. All hunting bullets are licensed and only for hunting use. A target shooter can't buy a box of ballistic tips etc. It is madness. Criminals have no problem getting guns. Indeed the drug dealers in Manchester favour the Mac 10 for sorting out any grievances.

Brit.

Hi.
We too have struggled with reloading supplies being at the end of a long supply chain. Things are improving though.

We have some tough restrictions. Only handguns allowed are black powder front stuffers. Only semi auto rifle allowed are the .22 rimfires.

All firearms are licensed by local police. You have to show them good reason for each and every firearm you want. Target shooting and or hunting.

Extensive background checks and two referees to vouch for your good character.
Ammunition is licensed and restricted to a quantity you negotiate with police. All hunting bullets are licensed and only for hunting use. A target shooter can't buy a box of ballistic tips etc. It is madness. Criminals have no problem getting guns. Indeed the drug dealers in Manchester favour the Mac 10 for sorting out any grievances.

Brit.

That's the kind of communist crap that Bloomberg, Soros, and all the other gun-grabbers are wanting to try here. Screw that!

I am with you on this Mudrunner.
There are only about 150,000 firearms owners in UK. Out of a population of 60 million you can see the struggle we have. We fight as hard as we can.
The Scots have just decided to license all air guns too. Yes air guns!

Brit.

Nice compact set up and organized. I am curious as to the use of the cut off fishing pole and reel hanging on the right of the bench?

Larry

It was an old rod that broke, so I cut it off right above the hook keeper. I do a lot of my own reel work, and cleaning/maintenance, and it just makes for an easier (more natural) way to hold the reel when testing it or diagnosing an issue. It might sound kind of dumb, but once you try it, it really does make a big difference.

The reel, is one of my ongoing projects. It's a one-of-a-kind highly customized and tricked-out Shimano Chronarch 100D7 that I put together. I call it "ChronZilla".

Here is mine. Can't get the picture's to flip over for some reason. My buddy has access to a mill, we cut down the pine on my property, sawed the slab and legs ourselves. Turned out pretty good. Haven't finished the shelving yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2038.jpg
    IMG_2038.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 168
  • IMG_2045.jpg
    IMG_2045.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 176
  • IMG_2075.jpg
    IMG_2075.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 180
A lot of very nice loading areas you folks have.

Here's the space in a spare bedroom that was allocated for my reloading area, small but it works pretty well for me.

Last edited:
Just a heads up. Some places have a limit on the number of pounds of powder you can have outside a Woden container with one inch walls. It looks like you might be getting close.

Just a heads up. Some places have a limit on the number of pounds of powder you can have outside a Woden container with one inch walls. It looks like you might be getting close.

Thanks Doc, that pic was taken a while back and since then I've stored all of my powder in a couple of wood boxes in the garage ... I'll go back and remove the pic and update it whenever I take new pics.

RickInFlorida,
How does that rail system work for you in terms of flexing when using the presses? Any chance of a close-up? thanks

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.