Post on Vortex scopes being....

Discussion in 'Long Range Scopes and Other Optics' started by rsbhunter, Nov 22, 2019.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsbhunter

rsbhunter Well-Known Member

Just curious why I can't access the post shown in the LRH email I got today showing the post on the forum about Vortex being junk? Is the position of the moderators to suppress negative reviews of products that don't meet members expectations? I understand suppressing unjustified bashing of a product that has no basis, but, if a member has a bad experience with a product, I want to know about it. I'm intelligent enough to sort thru the info to come to my own conclusions....just wondering, as I spend thousands of dollars a year on shooting gear, and depend on individual reviews to help in decisions on items purchased...rsbhunter

2. Win.308Stealth

Win.308Stealth Well-Known Member

Can't access it either.

Kenai river and Ridgerider like this.
  3. fxdwg03

fxdwg03 Member

This is a very good point as I too rely on other member's experiences with equipment and gear to make an informed decision. I think the majority of the folks that access this site have the knowledge to know if the information is accurate or misleading based on their own experiences in the field with various products. I have had bad experience with Leupold scopes in the past and have opted to purchase other brands that I know will function and not break. I am not bashing Leupold but that is my experience and feel they make a good product but I have moved on to other brands at different price points. I use Nightforce, Athlon, Burris, Nikon, Primary Arms, and Vortex and would like to know what Vortex products this member had a bad experience.

4. Eptphil

Eptphil Member

Yes, it’s important to post the good with the bad. Hiding a bad review doesn’t help anyone.

Mongo3006, CAScotsman and Dhammer like this.
  5. lwbode1

lwbode1 Member

I can not access the original post, whoever posted it should re-compose their message and get it back up ASAP. I have also spent big $$$ on Vortex and have nothing but positive things to say about my Vortex experience.

6. barrelnut50

barrelnut50 Member

This isn't the first time I've clicked on a highlighted post from the email and found it was already removed.

7. killforfood

killforfood Member

Last year my Son saved up and bought a top of the line Vortex spotting scope for our upcoming Elk hunt. Opening morning he was crushed to find a loose lens clunking around inside. That experience wrecked him from ever buying another Vortex product.

Thread ban in 3, 2, 1...

thechamp, bdlesh, CAScotsman and 4 others like this.
  8. bkillion28

bkillion28 Well-Known Member

I didnt get to read the thread but I'm pretty sure there is a rule here that you dont straight bash a product (especially one that advertises on this site) and from what I can see of the email it went that direction, Len wants things PC as to not run off potential members or costumers

Ol' Red and WiscGunner like this.
  9. Warbird2006

Warbird2006 Well-Known Member

i WAS THINKING THE SAME. FREE SPEECH

10. rugers

rugers Well-Known Member

Good , bad , or indifferent post it. Unless it's got a bunch of #####××××### words, I've had no problem with vortex either nor has anyone I know, and if they did vortex fixed it quick.

tinker man, JackinSD and Dhammer like this.
  11. rsbhunter

rsbhunter Well-Known Member

As I stated, vulgar, mean, hateful bashing is not needed. But as I have noticed on this forum, and others, it's getting to be a politically correct mandated site. I'm 64 years old, was raised that if it walks like a duck,quacks like a duck, and s#@s like a duck, IT'S A DUCK. Any time somebody tries to buffer information , makes me very suspicious as to the motive behind doing it....Again, I base some of my purchasing decisions on the wealth of info and experience the members of these forums have, and I thank you all for sharing it...rsbhunter

12. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

The issue with the guys thread, that he was called out on, was he never stated what the original issue was. Vortex honored their warranty and replaced it with new binoculars, but the OP did not want them since his binos were japanese built and the newest version of his model are now chinese or phillipino built. I did not read anything past that because it turned into a my vortex is crap, well my vortex is awesome thread.

13. BallisticsGuy

BallisticsGuy Well-Known Member

IBTL.

beardedbowhunter and 300whisper like this.
  14. 300whisper

300whisper Well-Known Member LRH Team Member

I am pretty sure if you post a thread with an issue, and word it with facts, then it wont get deleted. Like my barrel has a gap in its rifling, therefore I cannot get it to shoot, the manufacturer will not honor or fix it. I am pretty sure those are legit.

But, my scope is crap, this company sucks isnt legit.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.