Vortex scopes

I have both scopes and love them both. I prefer the Razor HD though. I bought the PST6-24x50 FFP brand new for $915 to my door. I bought the Razor HD on backpage.com and it was mounted on a RMEF Remington 700 300 WinMag all for $2200. It was used but Vortex's warranty made me at peace if I found that something was wrong with it. I know right now there are some used Razors for around $1700.

The Razor is the better scope and is more expensive but you also get more out of the box too. Bubble level, flip up caps, and killFlash ARD. These are not included with the PST and are not very expensive but it nice that with the extra money spent for a better scope that they are included. When I bought mine the guy had the 35mm Razor HD rings included in the sale and I think they go for $199.

So for the extra money I think it is worth it not just for the extra goodies but for the extra elevation travel, better glass, better zero stop, ect. But by no means is the PST a slouch. For the money and features there isn't another scope I would want to buy. Also, if you run out of elevation dialing the PST you can also add moa with the reticule too. We just did this on my friends .308 going out to 1109 yards!

I would recommend buying a used Razor, or if you that is still too much buy a used PST. But it seems like the PST is holding its value a bit better due to demand. Hope this helps

the razor also has a bigger field of view and more moa per revolution. the pst only has 12 moa per revolution and the razor has 15moa or now they are making it with 25moa per revolution. now u just have to decide what all the above is worth to you. i prefer the razor with the better glass and features but there is not a bad choice here!

I have looked long and hard at both. There has been few scopes that gave me a WOW factor but the Razor did! I had the 2 sitting side by side and there is a definate difference. I have agreed with a few others reviews on here of the PST and that it is not the end all be all of scopes. Good yes, worth the money....not so sure but close. The Razor HD however I feel is worth every penny. Exceptional scope that competes head to head with all the other big dogs in that same catagory with ease. The main difference between the two that I see is glare and edge to edge clarity and as mentioned, travel. Glass to me is far more important.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.