Possible press issue-need some help

You speak great truths, the mounting of the press is very important. I see videos all the time of people reloading and
and every time they go up or down with the ram, their press is flexing with every stroke.. I use the Lee bench plate quick change mount. With a Sharpie and a drill, I modified the plate to fit my Co-ax press. All it took was drilling on hole, and all the other holes lined up perfectly, this was a win, win for me. I'll give Lee a thumbs up on their mount
I built my reloading bench to reassure that there would be no flex when the ram max out on the up and down stroke. It is also hard on the scales with the vibrations and drifts, if there is any movement in the bench. It might not be pretty, but it's all Me.View attachment 187551

I like your set up and especially the light. 👍 👍 👍

J E CUSTOM

I agree with JE Custom, It is all things combined together that really get you to those almost non-existant runout numbers. Lets face it, many loaders pay little attention to runout or its effect on accuracy, if you take runout out of the equation than press - die's - and techniques have little effect on your decision making or reloading operation. Any decent press and dies will produce loaded rounds that will perform as desired and give longevity.

Usually all talk of certain make dies and seater's or presses for that matter revolve around the finished loads lack of runout and equipment design. Techniques and O-rings under shell holders as well as rotating cartridges as you slowly seat the bullet are concerned with that one thing. The large and very informative loading press evaluation made case and bullet runout a large part of their criteria for each press. Notice the presses varied, some quite a bit from each other based on that one measurement. So for some its much talk and debate about things of little importance and meaning when choosing reloading equipment....for others its all about choosing the right pieces together that make a finished very accurate round.

I've met some really great posters on here who share my end result driven approach. Learned a lot from some, amazing how we reach same goals in the same or different ways, kind of a brothers in arms thing. Its what makes this site such a great place to hang out and deal with this current shelter at home environment :)

I like your set up and especially the light. 👍 👍 👍

J E CUSTOM
Thank you, Harbor Freight $5.00. and it's removable, magnetic base. When I started Reloading, you had to be creative,
and this worked perfect for the Co-Ax. The load Master has a flex light velcroid to the back of it that shine on the bullet seating station to help verify the powder charge in the case before seating the bullet. I could not see adding led lights to the press it self just to many wires in the way. I have limited work space and this works for me. Last week I added another light strip to the top of my bench and these lights are no longer needed. Harbor Freight 5000 Lumina LED light bar <$19.99>,, More light than any human needs in his reloading room.

Wow Patroit007 that's a nice uncluttered set-up and a good looking bench....and RL26 actually exist's :)
Thank You Sir, I found 12lbs sitting in a pawn shop in Columbus Ga back in August last year. I asked the lady there, how much, she said $27.99. I asked her again, but this time for all 12 bottles, she said, $25.00,, I said,, SOLD.
At that time you could not get your hands on it, any where, period. The best thing about it is, they all had the same lot number on the bottles. Today I see it a lot more available on the Web.

I agree with JE Custom, It is all things combined together that really get you to those almost non-existant runout numbers. Lets face it, many loaders pay little attention to runout or its effect on accuracy, if you take runout out of the equation than press - die's - and techniques have little effect on your decision making or reloading operation. Any decent press and dies will produce loaded rounds that will perform as desired and give longevity.

Usually all talk of certain make dies and seater's or presses for that matter revolve around the finished loads lack of runout and equipment design. Techniques and O-rings under shell holders as well as rotating cartridges as you slowly seat the bullet are concerned with that one thing. The large and very informative loading press evaluation made case and bullet runout a large part of their criteria for each press. Notice the presses varied, some quite a bit from each other based on that one measurement. So for some its much talk and debate about things of little importance and meaning when choosing reloading equipment....for others its all about choosing the right pieces together that make a finished very accurate round.

I've met some really great posters on here who share my end result driven approach. Learned a lot from some, amazing how we reach same goals in the same or different ways, kind of a brothers in arms thing. Its what makes this site such a great place to hang out and deal with this current shelter at home environment :)
I always say that I am a student of Reloading. It's kind 'a like,,, I get less run out if I COLLET, before I BUMP. <LOL>
I agree 100%, It's dedication, the right pieces put together and the sequences we use them in that make great bullets.
Also don't let me forget about all the time spent with my Father-in-law and all the people on forums and YouTube
that got me to where I am to day. It's been a great journey and I've loved every moment of it. My 85 year old father-in-law rolls out 6.5cm, 223rem, with .0005 run out on a lee cast single stage press. He shoots hole in hole every week.
I pray in the end, that I am able to do what he is doing at 85. My luck, I will be happy just to get out of bed at 85.

I've acquired a pretty nice selection of equipment. If any of you had a budget of $250-300 what would your choice be? The press I have now is from Lee and the body is aluminum where I think my issue arises from. It was inexpensive and I had small budget when I started on the reloading venture. It's about 10 years old and has done many thousands of loads. I'm just looking for couple of choices from experiences you've all had. Thanks guys.
Redding ultramag

You speak great truths, the mounting of the press is very important. I see videos all the time of people reloading and
and every time they go up or down with the ram, their press is flexing with every stroke.. I use the Lee bench plate quick change mount. With a Sharpie and a drill, I modified the plate to fit my Co-ax press. All it took was drilling on hole, and all the other holes lined up perfectly, this was a win, win for me. I'll give Lee a thumbs up on their mount
I built my reloading bench to reassure that there would be no flex when the ram max out on the up and down stroke. It is also hard on the scales with the vibrations and drifts, if there is any movement in the bench. It might not be pretty, but it's all Me.View attachment 187551
I see you took the time to add a good light. For years I had a lamp on the bench, but space was getting tight. I now have two 4 ft florescent fixtures above my bench, and it makes a world of difference. You have a nice setup.

I see you took the time to add a good light. For years I had a lamp on the bench, but space was getting tight. I now have two 4 ft florescent fixtures above my bench, and it makes a world of difference. You have a nice setup.
Thank you, at 55 years I need all the light I can get. With time off from work I'm making more changes to my gun room.

Well me being as I am I decided to get a Summit also. So that being said with both the Rock Chucker Supreme and the Summit I should be good to go. I've always had great customer service from RCBS and they were great today when I called them and asked a ton of questions. Got both for 285 out of my pocket as I had a credit memo from a place I do business with.

Just replace the LEE with another LEE. Thousands and thousands of rounds I'm at as well and if I replace mine now, I'm sure a new one will out live me by a few decades. Hey it's your wallet.

I've acquired a pretty nice selection of equipment. If any of you had a budget of $250-300 what would your choice be? The press I have now is from Lee and the body is aluminum where I think my issue arises from. It was inexpensive and I had small budget when I started on the reloading venture. It's about 10 years old and has done many thousands of loads. I'm just looking for couple of choices from experiences you've all had. Thanks guys.

Redding T7.

So just a little update and some photos. Reworked my bench and added some Inline Fabrication items. Still have some organization to do and final mount the QD station. Waiting for a short handle to come in for the Summit press. Should be up and running this weekend.
4A28EC92-9BC0-4BF1-8EC6-74730B8E38C4.jpeg
FC355BEE-9FBD-44BA-91EF-B73D07BC4C25.jpeg
1E2701BB-24AF-42AC-AA32-FD00C85DC758.jpeg
6347E542-AD7F-46FD-A635-0A66BEE15FB5.jpeg

Great Job Sir. That Summit is an impressive looking press. Looking at your set up,, gave me an idea, to add to mine.
The stack-able's under the bench. I have an open area under my bench that houses the air compressor, and the rest of the open space is a catch all. Two of them would fill the space and give me more organized storage. ( why haven't I already thought of that.) Thank You. You know, that Summit is not only impressive looking. It's also very Intimidating.
LOL.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.