Possible press issue-need some help

Great Job Sir. That Summit is an impressive looking press. Looking at your set up,, gave me an idea, to add to mine.
The stack-able's under the bench. I have an open area under my bench that houses the air compressor, and the rest of the open space is a catch all. Two of them would fill the space and give me more organized storage. ( why haven't I already thought of that.) Thank You. You know, that Summit is not only impressive looking. It's also very Intimidating.
LOL.

Thank you. I look forward to trying out the summit. I've read quite a bit about it and will break it in with simple run of my favorite 308 load.

Remember to set your dies so they cam-over at the bottom of stroke. That short handle will make it better for operating, I'm liking mine better all the time and have had no problems so far. I use the rockchucker for a dedicated depriming set-up. Nice looking set-up you have :)

I've got my original Lee press and I think it may be causing me some issues. I've noticed the ram has got some significant play in it now. Ive noticed it especially cants when I'm depriming a case. It shifts ever so slightly after the primer is extracted and I'm on the down stroke. Not a big deal on small bore cartridges but when I do some magnum brass like 300WSM it seems to be causing a issue on the bottom of the brass. Seems be causing uneven pressure when removing the case from die which seems to be deforming the brass down by the base. Has anyone ever experienced or witnessed something like this? I tried to upload a short video but no luck.
Did not read all of the responses but my suggestion, likely made by others. Call Lee and ask them politely to help. The warranty on their products is only 2 years but their customer service is generally excellent. My bet is they will fix it or replace it for you at a very reasonable price. You then have the choice to then keep it, or sell a fully functional press and get something else..

Did not read all of the responses but my suggestion, likely made by others. Call Lee and ask them politely to help. The warranty on their products is only 2 years but their customer service is generally excellent. My bet is they will fix it or replace it for you at a very reasonable price. You then have the choice to then keep it, or sell a fully functional press and get something else..
Thanks but I've already upgraded all of my gear as you can see in the pictures. I gave the press to someone. Comparing the press to my 2 new ones there is so much slop in the ram I didn't want to deal with it any.onger. It served me well for 10 years. Thanks again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.