Annealeez, need some help

It looks like double sided adhesive tape. But although tacky somewhat it skips. Thinking I have to tweak some things.
Bob, what I did was to leave the top roller off, then I tweaked the finger clockwise until the base of the cartridge case was laying flat against the stainless steel cover. Then I lined the rollers up and started annealing. I just did a 100 450 Bushmasters and then had to change the rollers out to the larger rollers and did at least another 50, 45-70s. I was about to try just about any of the recommendations that have been left on this thread, but this adjustment seemed to do the trick.

Bob, what I did was to leave the top roller off, then I tweaked the finger clockwise until the base of the cartridge case was laying flat against the stainless steel cover. Then I lined the rollers up and started annealing. I just did a 100 450 Bushmasters and then had to change the rollers out to the larger rollers and did at least another 50, 45-70s. I was about to try just about any of the recommendations that have been left on this thread, but this adjustment seemed to do the trick.
Nice! Good explanation on what you adjusted. I'll give it a try.

Nice! Good explanation on what you adjusted. I'll give it a try.
I think that adjusting that finger, just the front edge of that finger is touching the case causing less friction then having the entire finger rubbing on the outside of the case. At least this is what I found. That is the reason for twisting/tweaking the finger in a clockwise direction, just that front edge of the finger is touching the case instead of the whole thing. Hope this makes sense to you.

What adhesive did you use?
Headliner spray adhesive 😂 it's what I had on hand and I honestly didn't think it would last long. Still going strong 5moths later after serious use 🤣

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
coated mine with liquid flex seal a couple of years ago and haven't had a problem since. when coating it leave it on the machine letting it turn until dry to avoid it pooling on the bottom causing a bump.

It looks like double sided adhesive tape. But although tacky somewhat it skips. Thinking I have to tweak some things.
In the process of fixing my roller, I first had to remove the "blue tape". It was on there so good, I don't think it was any type tape. Probable it was liquid electrical tape. Probably sprayed or brushed on. Had to use a 120 grit buffer wheel to remove all traces of it. A real powdery mess when I was done. But the wheel was ready for refurbing after a good cleaning with 90% alcohol. Came out great.

Something that I haven't seen in a while, I was a kid, Dad called it friction tape. The outside had a very tacky surface. Depending on the specific roll you may need to apply small pieces and possibly dirty them some even when new. Remember that this is just a suggestion, I've never tried it. I think I saw it at harbor freight or the like. It's cheap and if nothing else you can wrap garden tool handles with it.

Something that I haven't seen in a while, I was a kid, Dad called it friction tape. The outside had a very tacky surface. Depending on the specific roll you may need to apply small pieces and possibly dirty them some even when new. Remember that this is just a suggestion, I've never tried it. I think I saw it at harbor freight or the like. It's cheap and if nothing else you can wrap garden tool handles with it.
The only thing you may watch out for if that was used is if any of the sticky stuff gets transfered to the cases. Especially as they get heated up. Might not be much, but you may have to wipe the cases off. Anyone out there tried this?