Annealeez, need some help

true, you might try some "0000" steel wool. Just remember that delicately is the operative word. In the office equipment industry magazines that just about any copier dealer. Will gladly give you. You can get some rollers recoated to a certain delrin(?) Firmness as well as grip.Dont forget the manufacturer's OE
M. They may still stock rollers. When rollers are old or worn if you place them on a piece of glass you can see defects easier. The ends of the rubber can swell and you can see light/Reflections under the rollers but it doesn't take much. IF you have the room you can use an exact-o knife to carefully trim the edges of the roller in very minor amounts and use a feeler gauge with a light scale to measure the difference in friction. You can also use 2 pieces of paper like thin book marks for the same. Raw paper is best because any finish will vary the tension on the scales. Good luck, Paul

true, you might try some "0000" steel wool. Just remember that delicately is the operative word. In the office equipment industry magazines that just about any copier dealer. Will gladly give you. You can get some rollers recoated to a certain delrin(?) Firmness as well as grip.Dont forget the manufacturer's OE
M. They may still stock rollers. When rollers are old or worn if you place them on a piece of glass you can see defects easier. The ends of the rubber can swell and you can see light/Reflections under the rollers but it doesn't take much. IF you have the room you can use an exact-o knife to carefully trim the edges of the roller in very minor amounts and use a feeler gauge with a light scale to measure the difference in friction. You can also use 2 pieces of paper like thin book marks for the same. Raw paper is best because any finish will vary the tension on the scales. Good luck, Paul
All good suggestions. But can you do any of them for less than .25? Assuming you have some emory cloth and glue laying around. Consider. All this seems like a fix to a problem that should never have occurred in the first place.

All this seems like a fix to a problem that should never have occurred in the first place.
As an Annealeez user, the statement that you are having a problem that needs a design change is hard to understand.

I wonder if a call or email to the company could help this be an adjustment instead of a roller redesign. I'm just not having issues that adjusting the arm doesn't correct. That said, I probably anneal a batch of 100 every 2 months.

I
As an Annealeez user, the statement that you are having a problem that needs a design change is hard to understand.

I wonder if a call or email to the company could help this be an adjustment instead of a roller redesign. I'm just not having issues that adjusting the arm doesn't correct. That said, I probably anneal a batch of 100 every 2 months.
I Know over a dozen folks that have contacted the company. In all cases, they say to clean the rollers with alcohol and make sure the cases are clean. This works for a short time but the problem keeps coming back. I have run at least 3500 cases through mine. It fouls out every 250 or so. Then I have to stop and clean everything. This said, it only slows you down, not a complete game stopper. I think most folks want more fault tolerance built in. For the money spent? Maybe, but cleaning usually works for a time. The op wanted to stop the stuttering or pausing of the wheel rotation that causes hot spots and uneven heating. Changing out the roller (tape) works well. Try emory cloth glued on. It works. No more stuttering or pausing and you get smooth case rotation when the cases are in contact with the roller.

Last edited:
Before you do anything talk with the factory guy that send it back. He may be able to see something that he can change during manufacturing. He may just replace the unit so that he can use it for research. But for him to get the most out of it he needs to get it unmolested. Call him and see what he says. The problem may not be the machine, it may be that he got a bad batch of parts. Now days you never know. Let me know if I can help, Paul