Annealeez, need some help

mine came with blue, probably painters tape on one wheel never had a bit of trouble with mine.

Attachments

• 20230907_115730.jpg
    20230907_115730.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 53
I did contact Annealeez by email and got the following message back. I did try tweaking the adjust/twist ramp on the machine and it did improve the spinning of the casing more consistently. I did the tweaking by using a pair of needle nosed vise grip pliers and twisting the ramp slightly in a counterclockwise direction. I also believe that by tweaking this arm in this fashion it promotes less friction upon the outside of the casing of the ramp because only one side (the edge) of that arm is not hitting the casing. The tweak also squared the casing on the roller as well. I just did 100, 450 Bushmaster casings, and they all annealed properly with not issues whatsoever. Very happy with the results. Thank you for all the great replies.
I also wonder if buying some washers and spacing the wheel out and creating clearance for the belt would help. Likely your problem is worse due to the belt holding 3/4 of the contact patch off the roller.

I also wonder if buying some washers and spacing the wheel out and creating clearance for the belt would help. Likely your problem is worse due to the belt holding 3/4 of the contact patch off the roller.
I shimmed mine out for that very reason. It still skipped. I think it might be my cases need a good cleaning to let the friction on the blue tape do its job. I haven't messed with it in a while.

When we had a traction problem on rubber office equipment rollers slipping, we would scuff the rollers LIGHTLY with the very fine cloth sand paper perpendicular to rotation (every once in a while we had to go in rotation) we then lightly wipe with thinned glass cleaner so the alcohol didn't dry the neoprene/rubber. If later they got glazed we used a weak alcohol to deglaze the rollers. Do these things lightly. You can go too far especially if you're frustrated. Ask me how I know.