Annealeez, need some help

Alibiiv

This is my second season with an Annealeez annealing machine. I like the concept, however...I am having an issue with it. The issue is that I cannot seem to get the casings to turn uniformly! I am annealing to maintain consistency, yet I am not being consistent with the annealing process. When the casing drops from the feed roller into the drive roller the casing never turns quite the same way every time. Sometimes the casing will sit there on the wheel while the drive wheel is turning but there is no bite on the outside of the roller to make the casing turn. Then at the last say 1/4 turn of the drive wheel the casing will turn. Without consistent turning the annealing process in not worth doing!! Is there something that I can put on the drive wheel to give it more traction to turn the casings?? Today I was annealing some .444 Marlin and some 450 Bushmaster brass. The Marlin brass was new out of the box, the Bushmaster brass was once fired brass. I am using the medium wheel, but even when doing the 300 WinMag brass with the large diameter wheels I get the same results. I have tried moving the locating finger about the drive roller, again nothing!!! I have tried raising and then lowering the anneal time, the situation still remains. I am pretty frustrated with this tool right now. Any input would be appreciated.

I had the same problem with my gen1 annealeez. I moved a to a better annealer. They may be better now, but if yours is the latest version, maybe not.

Keeping the wheel with clean and the cares clean helped. It still wasn't ever completely reliable or consistent.

I did contact Annealeez by email and got the following message back. I did try tweaking the adjust/twist ramp on the machine and it did improve the spinning of the casing more consistently. I did the tweaking by using a pair of needle nosed vise grip pliers and twisting the ramp slightly in a counterclockwise direction. I also believe that by tweaking this arm in this fashion it promotes less friction upon the outside of the casing of the ramp because only one side (the edge) of that arm is not hitting the casing. The tweak also squared the casing on the roller as well. I just did 100, 450 Bushmaster casings, and they all annealed properly with not issues whatsoever. Very happy with the results. Thank you for all the great replies.

profile_mask2.png

Sat, Sep 2, 9:35 AM (5 days ago)

to me
Most likely the case is not setting square on the bottom roller.. place a case on the bottom roller, adjust/twist the ramp until the case sits square on the roller.. I do this every time I change calibers or cases with a different taper to the case..

And everything does need to be clean..

If nothing works for you.. let me know, I'll get you a return ticket for the machine and refund your money.. I most certainly do not want you to feel as if you're stuck with it..

Thank you and please let me know..

Jeff

Last edited:
skateboard tape solved my issue
I think this is a great idea. When I looked at the two rollers I am not certain that there is enough clearance between the two rollers to allow for the tape to be applied. I do have some skateboard tape, but for now I have tweaked the roller arm and that seems to have worked. See my other post. If this problem still exists I will try the tape as this current system has not been working for me. Thank you for the reply.