Pillar Loose in B&C Medallist, Is this Normal?

CGWVU

Formerly 'Colson Glover'
Hi all,
I have a Remington 700 with a B&C Medallist stock. I've been having accuracy issues and was going to bed the gun. Today when I was disassembling it I noticed that the front pillar in the aluminum bedding block looked like it had sunk. So I applie light pressure to it using a FAT wrench and it pushed out of the bedding block. Is this supposed to be glued?
I've only put around 75 shots through it. It's a Remington 700 LR with factory stock.
Thank you!

I had a loose one in my stock too . all I did was run a tap through the hole , I figured this would give the JB weld something more to grip to . I cleaned up the pillar . I coated the sides of the hole with JB weld . I put JB weld on the pillar . I installed the pillar and held it in place with a bolt , nut , and socket . kept the bolt in place until the JB weld hardened . I then bedded the rifle . I'd say you could just repair the pillar , unless your planning on bedding the rifle . the slow dry JB weld is supposed to be stronger than the quick dry formula .

Attachments

• P2071460.JPG
    P2071460.JPG
    241.5 KB · Views: 87
  • P2071461.JPG
    P2071461.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 97
Thank you! I was planning on bedding. The rifle is only a year old. Any chance Remington would replace the stock?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.