Is this normal quality of kimber

Why would screwing the action screw into a roughly machined hole be a setter solution versus a shorter front action screw and a hole in the barrel leading down to the stock?? I may be wrong but Action screw threads protruding into open air probably won't afford any additional strength.

Not sure on the "why", but here are few photos of a Kimber factory take-off barrel:

Obviously, this is the usual Kimber junk that we see all the time. The many happy Kimber users reporting a sweet shooting, accurate gun are just paid shills. Plus, any firearm manufacturer that doesn't include with every gun a written statement signed by the company's president that the gun is safe to shoot is obviously peddling time bombs which will blow-up on the first shot. I'll help you out and give you $500 for the rifle, BTW. :)

Last edited:
Not taking up for Kimber at all, but that 84M 243 I bought for my wife shoots bug holes. I don't want the OP to gets discouraged before trying it out first.

Plus, any firearm manufacturer that doesn't include with every gun a written statement signed by the company's president that the gun is safe to shoot is obviously peddling time bombs which will blow-up on the first shot.

I don't remember Ford CEO making such a statement on the far more dangerous issue with ...

The fact is on the 84M there is not much thread engagement for the front receiver ring screw. If this relief was not present, there would be roughly 1/8" for thread engagement. this "flaw" essentially allows an extra thread and some wiggle room to avoid needing to file the front screw perfectly.

While its not pretty, there is more than enough barrel/tenon engagement for the safety for the shooter.

Although Its hard to believe the timing mistakes on those two tenon pictures. Hard to believe the claw still fit in its slot with that kind of misalignment...

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts