Pictures of big heavy longrange rifles -let's see them.

I have to agree with the .338 Norma's! 300gr bullets @ around 2750fps! What more do you need!

Mine is on a trued 700 action, Mccree's Precision chassis, 27" med Palma barrel, Muscle Brake, Leupold Mark 4, Nitride coated everything!

Weighs in at about 15#, kicks like a kitten, shoots one caliber hole groups at 100 yards all day long!

I call mine "Big Al" I have literally been scrounging aluminum cans from dumpsters and ditches and everywhere else I could find them for the last few years to build this gun! It was totally worth it!

Actually just finalized build number 2 .. She will be name Henrietta , Loretta's twin sister and she will be a 338 rum

IMG_2680.JPG
4616d1323831049-my-latest-hunt-lm-ibex-hunter-new-alan-210.jpg
my only rifle. it aint no tactical fancy thing. but it has taken trucks full of ibex. classic german desighn. but have to say you guys have some awsome guns.

Capt ,

I been back and forth Travis .. Just about all set on a 338Rum for my next nail driver ... Can I ask what's the weight on yours ? My 7mm comes in under 11pounds with the scope

My 338 RUM is not that much heavier than that. I am currently shooting Berger 250 OTM's with H-1000 at 3020 fps. Out of town, but I will weigh the rifle and check my exact load when I return. I have an RBros 7 mag that is also a hammer and it's very close to my 338 RUM. I will post a picture below of my 7 mag

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 148
Rbros .300 Win Mag on a Rbros (Defiance) action, Broughton 28" barrel, Manners EH-1 stock, Jewel trigger @2.0lbs, DE cheek rest, Spartan Precision Javelin Ultralight CF bipod, Berger 215 Hybrids, H-1000, Norma Brass, Fed 215M primers, 2975fps. Recently swapped out my Premier LT 3-15x50 and put that on one of my AR's, and put a new enhanced NF ATACR with the MOAR-T reticle. Love this combo! Funny enough, I haven't shot a critter over 200 yards since I had it made...rifle is 11 lbs 10 oz as pictured if I recall. Was 11 even when I had the Premeir on there...

Attachments

• b.jpg
    b.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 171
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    280.5 KB · Views: 187
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 168
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 168
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 185
6point5,
Haven't you been told, firearms and liquor never mix!:D:D:D
Nice looking setup man!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    244.9 KB · Views: 136
Isn't that the truth 6point5, had a rifle built and did lots of drop testing and practice out to 600 yards(furthest the range went to) and my first kill with it was at a measly 160 yards and next the two were in the 200-215 range.

Bringing this one back to the top. More rifle pics please. Need some ideas for my .338 Lapua.

Here's my 300AX. It served me very well, with this past season being my first season out with it. Flattened just about everything it set my crosshairs on. Took two aoudad one of which made the SCI record book, two does and a cull buck with it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 142
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.