Pictures of longrange hunting rig

Jon2

Just thought I would post some pictures of my new long range hunting rig and also a group I put in yesterday at the range.

Rifle is a M70 in .270 WSM

Re-barrelled with a Border barrel work done by Mike Norris (quality of work is second to none).

Fully bedded action

Leupold bases with Burris signature rings (kindly donated by a good friend of mine)

Scope is a Nightforce 3.5 - 15 x 50

Moderator is a jet Z

Pictures of load are AA3100 65 grns and chrono'd at 3243 fps using a 130 grn Hornady Interbond.

I am looking forward to using this get up at long range on Fallow or Roe.

I am over the moon with the work Mike Norris has done and before this group I managed to shoot, I put in 2 honest quarter inchers but was amazed when the 3 round went where it went.

As long as it is an honest sub half inch performer I will be more than happy.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

138.jpg

WinM70006.jpg

WinM70007.jpg

WinM70005.jpg

WinM70003.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very, very nice especially the way it shoots.

But, why can't I have a moderator, huh:( Ought not be permitted to post pics with moderators, it erks me.;)

Thanks all for the comments

I was hoping we might see some pics of others rigs which we haven't perhaps seen before.

I am sure there are a fair few being created each week.

Hope we see some more.

Man I wish suppresor's or moderator's were legal here, took the 300WBY out in the back yard and the neighbors cat had puppies. Fine lookin weapon by the way, and a real shooter too!

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.