6.5 builds ...let's see them

FEENIX

LRH Team Member
My .264 WM budget build - Savage 111F LA, Choate sniper stock, Weaver 20 MOA rail, 26" X-caliber 1:7" 5R Sendero contour, PVA barrel nut, .250" recoil lug (don't remember where I got it ?). Work still in progress (need to headspace it, and bed) ...

.264 WM Savage 111F LA.jpg

.264 WM with 2-piece beast brake.jpg

(with 4-port 2-piece beast MB)

.264 WM Savage 111F LA + Eliteiron.jpg

(with Elite Iron Bravo SD suppressor)

It is specifically built primarily for the 156 Berger and possibly 160 Matrix VLDs. It will be topped with Leupold 6.5-20 LRP FFP. We'll see how she does.

Liddy

6.5 PRC
Defiance Deviant Short Action GA Hunter 20 MOA Integrated Rail
Hawkins M5 DBM Bottom Metal
McMillan Adjustable Game Warden
24" Bartlein Rem Varm Contour 1-8tw Spiral Fluted
Hawkins Three Port Muzzle Brake
Trigger Tech - Primary
Seekins Scope Rings
Zeiss V4 6-24X50 Scope
Gunsmith-Phoenix Custom Rifles
IMG_1463.jpg

Last edited:

Gord0

Build in progress... 102 year old refresh. 6.5x55 AI. Mauser 98, shillen match 8 twist 5 1/2 contour 26", win model 70 style 3 position safety, timney featherweight, tally lightweights. Need to strip and polish everything yet,and send it out to be blued. Going to put it in at least a aa grade piece of claro walnut.
20200131_094700.jpg

lancetkenyon

WOW,Spent evening drooling on these 6.5's.Yes I want.But really how many does Lancekenyon have and build since this thread started.I dont even have that many fishing poles and I have a boat;)
Actually have all the parts except a Manners EH1 (that should be here in a month or so I am hoping) for another one. The suppressor should be here around Aug-Sept too.

6.5SS
Kelbly Atlas Tac SA
20" 1:7.5" Proof Sendero
Thunder Beast CB brake (for a TBAC Ultra 7 to thread onto)
Manners EH1
PT&G Oberndorf canoe floorplate BDL (3+1)
Wyatt's 2.990" extended box
TriggerTech Diamond
ARC M10 36mm low rings
ZCO 4-20×50 MPCT2
MK level
TBAC Ultra 7 (just waiting on ATF now)

Will be running the Berger 144 Hyb in it for deer and pronghorn. My sneaky pew 6.5.

sp6x6

Your going to SELL me on one.Problem I have to rebuild my jeep first.

Nightforce has great tracking capabilities, they are rugged, a bunch of elevation, holds zero forever, and reticles are designed for long range shooting. So if you are looking to shoot long distances constantly, then you need a scope that can take the abuse. -- gilmillan1

Culture Of Excellence At Nightforce Optics
By Len Backus

A high level of quality both in production and in service. Read More

Nightforce is such a solid combo of reticle, available elevation, glass that is good enough to shoot at the longest range you can dial. Nightforce has bullet proof construction that can handle the incidental horse rolling or some other rodeo action. -- bigngreen

Nightforce ATACR Scope Review
By Jeff Brozovich

The new NightForce ATACR is for sure a top choice for any long range shooter. Read More

The total package. Nightforce is the best I have used as far as turret feel and solid detents. I have never had one that didn't track right on and always return to zero. Nightforce NXS is the best value for everything I need. -- Broz

Nightforce Velocity 1000 Reticle Review
By Scott Shreve

I think Nightforce knocked it outta the park with this reticle! Read More

NightForce