Pictures of big heavy longrange rifles -let's see them.

photo (1).jpg
338 Ultra Hart Custom Vortex Razor

photo.jpg
Mcmillan tac 338 Lapua NightForce

338/300 Ultra on a Savage with a 30" no taper barrel. It's wearing a 6-24 Sightron SIII now and rifle/scope weighs 14lbs. 10oz.. No brake, felt recoil with 300s to me seems no worse than my old 721 30-06 shooting 180s. I'm sure that's in part due to ergonomics. It ain't a carry rifle for sure so I'm going to weight the stock to balance it a little better(it's nose heavy, imagine that:rolleyes:).

chuckpic007.jpg

280AI on a Rem 700 with a #7 contour barrel. 15lbs. 2oz. with a Nikon 6.5-20 on it. With the weight and the brake I could shoot this rifle all day long. Little girls could probably shoot this rifle all day...if their arms were long enough to reach the trigger!:D

280AI001.jpg

Last edited:
KPR,
its cool to see a .338/300 without a brake. even with the heaft of the rifle, not many go without brakes nowadays (me included).

338 Norma, back rest is a saddle I made that fits my outdoorsman tripod

Attachments

• horns-10 023.jpg
    horns-10 023.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 141
375 Allen Magnum, single shot. It's at home, I'll get to see her @ the end of Feb. Looking forward to tuckin'er in between the wiffie and me for a night or two.:)

Long build time plus 18 month post delivery long distance separation makes for a difficult courtship.:rolleyes:

This is what she looked like while still at Kirby's, several years ago.

Attachments

• 375 AM.jpg
    375 AM.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 177
375 Allen Magnum, single shot. It's at home, I'll get to see her @ the end of Feb. Looking forward to tuckin'er in between the wiffie and me for a night or two.:)

Long build time plus 18 month post delivery long distance separation makes for a difficult courtship.:rolleyes:

This is what she looked like while still at Kirby's, several years ago.
is it weird this got me aroused?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.