Pictures of big heavy longrange rifles -let's see them.

Great thread,here's my surgeon actioned 338 norma
006-1.jpg

007.jpg

OK...here's my HEAVY THUMPER:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/61286670@N08/6295723829/"]Flickr: Page Not Found[/ame]
[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/61286670@N08/6295723829/"]Flickr: Page Not Found[/ame] by Sharps45 2 7/8, on Flickr

Oh my Lord, I need to get started on mine. I thought I wanted to go with the .257 Wby but now.........I don't know. Gonna have to start hand-loading again I guess.

this is my 338 ultra maxx from Kirby I don't have pics with the scope yet but it comes in at just under 18lbs
100_0756.jpg

100_0757.jpg

100_0758.jpg

It's not big, nor heavy. Rifle weighs in around 12# as you see it. Sans scope and bipod it's right at 10#.

7mmAM.jpg

Nesika Model M Hunter
Lilja SS, fluted 1-9, 4 groove, 28" barrel, #6 contour
APS Slim Painkiller muzzle brake
Jewell trigger
Manner MCS-GAT stock

Defensive Edge adjustable cheekpiece (added since the pic was taken)
HS Precision Detachable Magazine system
Nesika 20 moa SS rail base
NightForce Ultralight rings
NightForce NXS NPR1 5.5-22x50mm with zero stop
Rail mounted ACI
Scope mounted scope level

Harris S-BRM 9"-13" Bipod with Swivel Lock w/Bipod Loc
Chambered in 7mm Allen Magnum

Thank you Kirby!

I have a .243 in Remington Mountain Ti flavor, that weighs around 6#. This LR gun recoils less than the .243. It IS loud tho. I touched off a few rounds behind the house (I can only shoot to 350 Yds) and the neighbor came over the next day. He was hunting on his parents place about 800 Yds away @ 10:00 from where the shooting bench was. His buddy was hunting with him and wanted to know what kind of ordnance I was lighting off the previous day. :D

If the shooter does their part, it will shoot better than 1/2 moa. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for hogs where you are shooting. Aim 1/3rd the way down the body right in the fold or crease of skin in front of the shoulder and they drop in their tracks. I don't know how big a hog has to be to survive a 175g SMK at a MV of 3450 fps. I haven't needed it, but I suspect that the 175g TSX would poke thru them, no matter how big the hog.

It's not big, nor heavy. Rifle weighs in around 12# as you see it. Sans scope and bipod it's right at 10#.

7mmAM.jpg

Nesika Model M Hunter
Lilja SS, fluted 1-9, 4 groove, 28" barrel, #6 contour
APS Slim Painkiller muzzle brake
Jewell trigger
Manner MCS-GAT stock
Defensive Edge adjustable cheekpiece (added since the pic was taken)
HS Precision Detachable Magazine system
Nesika 20 moa SS rail base
NightForce Ultralight rings
NightForce NXS NPR1 5.5-22x50mm with zero stop
Rail mounted ACI
Scope mounted scope level
Harris S-BRM 9"-13" Bipod with Swivel Lock w/Bipod Loc
Chambered in 7mm Allen Magnum

Thank you Kirby!

I have a .243 in Remington Mountain Ti flavor, that weighs around 6#. This LR gun recoils less than the .243. It IS loud tho. I touched off a few rounds behind the house (I can only shoot to 350 Yds) and the neighbor came over the next day. He was hunting on his parents place about 800 Yds away @ 10:00 from where the shooting bench was. His buddy was hunting with him and wanted to know what kind of ordnance I was lighting off the previous day. :D

If the shooter does their part, it will shoot better than 1/2 moa. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for hogs where you are shooting. Aim 1/3rd the way down the body right in the fold or crease of skin in front of the shoulder and they drop in their tracks. I don't know how big a hog has to be to survive a 175g SMK at a MV of 3450 fps. I haven't needed it, but I suspect that the 175g TSX would poke thru them, no matter how big the hog.

N central indiana? How far are you from Lagrange, IN?

I was thinking that you are probably close to that one but not sure. I'm about 45 min or so northeast of it. I'd really like to go there but I'm not sure how often I could make it to justify that membership.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.