Pass through or Expended in Target?

Your preference, pass through or remain in body?

• Yes

Votes: 21 6.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 1.5%
  • Inside

Votes: 82 25.1%
  • Pass through

Votes: 219 67.0%
  • "I don't care, I'm a perfect shot and they always fall DRT"

Votes: 21 6.4%

• Total voters

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_120934117.jpg
    IMG_20220131_120934117.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
One simply cannot complain about that terminal performance--Maximum expansion and still got good penetration. About 97% weight retention!
Yep. They are great performing bullets. Yours looks less like a shroom from slower velocity but would have shroomed more with high velocities for sure. It performed perfectly for a pistol round on game.

Yep. They are great performing bullets. Yours looks less like a shroom from slower velocity but would have shroomed more with high velocities for sure. It performed perfectly for a pistol round on game.
Yes, I'm sure that the 150 Fusion from my 270 WSM blows through deer and hogs looking much like the one in your photo.

Yes, I'm sure that the 150 Fusion from my 270 WSM blows through deer and hogs looking much like the one in your photo.
Yep but my bullet was found in the hide on the opposite side. That WSM may not be recovered. It's gotta be at least 3100 at the muzzle also but with more energy. The whitetail I shot was mature around 200+ field dressed. Smaller buck and I may not have recovered mine either. This was a shoulder hit deer.

I found if you use the right weight bullet for caliber, most times the bullet IS recovered on the opposite side under the hide. For me, that bullet is the 130 grain in 270 win.
I used the 120 grain out of a 25-06. My around 3k. Never recovered a bullet on several animals but I will admit they were all somewhat broadside and 250 yards or less. But still, very very good penetration for such a light bullet.

Definitely less meat damage in rib shots. High shoulders aren't too bad but you risk losing some loin or backstrap meat. With the few big does I hit mid ribs last december with the 140 Amax bullets, no meat loss at all

I'm nowhere near the hunter that many of you are, most of my whitetail kills were with a 6.5x55 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight shooting 140 grain Nosler Partitions. Typical heart/lung shot had the deer run 40-80 yards and crash, leaving copious blood trail. Easy to find. Plenty of destruction inside, despite the slow bullets.

I'm nowhere near the hunter that many of you are, most of my whitetail kills were with a 6.5x55 Winchester Model 70 Featherweight shooting 140 grain Nosler Partitions. Typical heart/lung shot had the deer run 40-80 yards and crash, leaving copious blood trail. Easy to find. Plenty of destruction inside, despite the slow bullets.
Featherweight, nice choice of weapons. If you have an accurate one it is sweet rifle.