Improving Follow Through

EdWalton

My follow through is usually poor. Occasionally I'm still on the plate through impact, often the gun rolls off target during recoil, but the flaw that exasperates me is when I flinch & raise my head before impact.

I know I can follow through, what are the flaws in the mount & trigger-pull that cause the rifle to not drive straight back?

I do dry-fire, but what other drills do you use to improve follow through? Does anyone have suggested reading material concerning the subject?
Thanks

Ed

Last edited:
I occasionally have my friends load my mags for me. And instruct them to not tell me if or when they will put a Snap Cap in the mag. That helps a ton with realizing our unnatural movements during firing.

If you haven't broken yourself of bad habits, you actually feel quite silly when you go to fire a live round but it's a Snap Cap instead.

Last edited:
When you pull the trigger, concentrate on keeping the trigger pulled all the way back, and don't release it until you get back on target looking through the scope. This will help keep you from relaxing too soon after the shot breaks.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.