Outlaw State Bullets

rickdavis81

Any one ever use them? What did you think? I'm looking at the 220 gr .308's for my .300 blackout. They look like they expand really well at subsonic speeds. I can't find any hornadys or sierra's and I worry that they won't expand as well. Kinda pricey but maybe worth it.

I've taken a look at them, but never pulled the trigger - probably due to pricing. I have a 300 Whisper with an 8 twist, ten inch barrel w/supressor. I ended up shooting the 240 gr. SMK. Flies subsonic and begins to tumble or "yaw" at 30 feet. It never opens, but does some serious damage.

I use them in a sub-sonic Rem. 700 Tactical 308 Win., 20" barrel with a YHM Phanthom suppressor. They are very effective at 100 yards on whitetail deer. They mushroom well because of the splits down the side of the jacket. They are expensive but effective. With the Phantom, the bullet hitting the target makes more noise than the rifle does.
They were designed for use in an AR platform 300 Whisper/Blackout. The nose is shaped to feed from the magazine into the barrel of the AR. Give them a try.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.