Outfitter recommendation, Big whitetails

flopduster

Several friends and I are trying to plan a trip for 2009. We would like to hear some recommendations as to where and with who we should book. Right now we are looking at Illinois during the Nov bow season but are flexible as to location and weapon types. Our concerns are having a geniune chance at 150 plus class bucks and some sort of secondary activity if some of us tag a buck early in the hunt whether it be a bonus second buck tag, doe tags, waterfowl or whatever. No one will complain about getting a nice buck in the first or second day but would hate to have so sit around for 3 days doing nothing. No fences please.

Illinois, Ohio, Kansas, Iowa, wherever the big bucks roam

I have lived in southern Iowa and Northern Missouri all my life. There are good bucks in both places. But I believe you will need to fully apply your self to kill one. Here in Mo. you can buy a tag over the counter and the biggest bucks are in the northern part of the state. Also you can hunt with a rifle. But, I feel the need to say this. The chance of "several friends" coming out to take 150" plus deer is a huge task. Maybe one or two in the groupe would be that lucky. That being said, I took a friend from WY. a few years ago and he took a nice 160" incher on some private ground. My advice if you really want to take a 150" plus Whitetail, I would be come for a week and be prepaired to hunt hard every day.

Hope this helps!

Good Luck.

Jeff

We realize what our percentages are, and dropping 3 grand for a bowhunt where we can reasonably expect 3 out of 4 of us to come home emptyhanded is the reality, on a gun hunt I feel we would have a higher percentage, but lesser quality.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.