Other shooting apps instead of shooter?

Korhil78

What other apps are you guys using besides shooter for your Iphone that is working really well for you?

Since the guy that made shooter doesn't seem to be updating his app anymore, I am looking for another solid shooting app.

I havnt updated my phone to IOS8 yet due to the fact that I have an elk and deer hunt coming up in October and didn't want anything to happen to the shooter app when I update!

(you can list apps that are for other phones besides Iphones but please list what phones they apply to if the app is only for those phones.)

I picked up a used but in very good condition and updated Nightforce PDA that seems to be pretty good so far with limited use.

They are cheap on ebay. I wanted something independent from my phone for use in bad country so I wouldn't have to worry about damaging my phone.

I've had the best luck with Bulletflight fte. I use applied ballistics on a galaxy tab but bulletflight has given me the most accurate calculations.

I originally started out using Ballistic Field Tactical Edition. It was very good and I liked the readable graphics better than Shooter. A few bugs that developed caused me to fully switch to Shooter which I have been using since. Not sure they ever fixed the bugs. I just wish Shooter would improve the readability of the values when in the "Solution" mode. Otherwise it has performed perfectly for the last few years all the way out to 1500 yards with my various LR rifles.

Greayfox, that is important to me too. I recently changed phones to a Droid Maxx. I can enlarge the script settings from normal to large to Huge. On huge I read it very well on either shooter or AB.

Jeff

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.