Shooter App

Clubhunter

My question is when you load all the info into the app and you click on calculate, what does the red hi liters block mean on one of the velocity numbers? Is that the max that particular bullet can kill an animal? If that's the case then my 300RUM shooting 215 Bergers has a max kill range of 850.

My question is when you load all the info into the app and you click on calculate, what does the red hi liters block mean on one of the velocity numbers? Is that the max that particular bullet can kill an animal? If that's the case then my 300RUM shooting 215 Bergers has a max kill range of 850.

In my experience that is the velocity that the bullet will go start to go subsonic for the given inputs.

In my experience that is the velocity that the bullet will go start to go subsonic for the given inputs.

This is correct. It's the range where the bullet goes subsonic.

If a 300 RUM shooting 215 bergers is showing subsonic at 850 yds then something's entered wrong, it should stay supersonic a lot farther than that.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.