Trueing shooter app

I've fine tuned mine using the velocity calibration. Had my 6.5x47 really speed up after 200 rounds through a new barrel. Other than that make sure all inputs are correct or it won't work. Anything off even a little bit and the drops won't work out.

Well I'm solid at 100 yd zero, mag speed says 3500 fps drops at 720 are spot on at 1000, it's 2.5 MOA low....but holding 1/2 MOA vertical

Wow 2.5 MOA low at 1000 yds. Have you tried tweaking the BC? Maybe someone more experienced than me will chime in. Whatever you're shooting is cooking at 3500 fps! Only thing I had in that speed zone was a 22-284 with 80 gr bergers.

It's a 28 Nosler shooting 143 Hammer Hunters! It's a laser! All of my data works perfectly to 720, so I'll limit myself to that and in. Would like to figure out where my input is lacking

I've had similar issues. Don't forget there is some amount of error in your Mag Speed and scope turrets. This is commonly over looked and can easily make all of the difference.

Lots of questions come to mind..

was the wind blowing left to right ?
Are you entering Azimuth ?
Are you entering current environmental ? vs sight in environmental ?
Run a custom curve or build your own ?
Have you done a target validation / velocity calibration ?
Do you know you entered correct / corrected BC ?
G1 or G7 ?
solid 100 yard zero ?
all your inputs entered correctly ?

Please update if you figure out what the problem is. I've never had that problem when using Shooter. If I'm on at 500 and 700 I'm good at 910. Far as I can shoot on my property.

I shoot a 7wsm with a 24" Bartlein barrel 1:9tw
62.9gr of 4831SC
Berger 168VLD
3,032fps from the chrono and confirmed on targets out to 1000yds.

Not sure if it matters or not, but I leave my sky screens on all the time. Never take them off cloudy or sunny. I'm not saying my chrono is dead on, but it's **** close. It's always been close enough to get me on target at distance with it's velocity readings and Shooter app.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.