Optika 6 VS. Veracity

Jud96

Hello all, I'm tossing around the idea of upgrading the optics on my .284 hunting rifle. This is my primary rifle I use for hunting from any range between point blank out to 700 yards. I have a bigger rifle for anything beyond that. I'm trying to keep price in the $600-800 range. Eventually I'll upgrade into $1500+ optics, but for now I just want to take the next step up from the 4-16x44 Vortex HS-T I currently use.

I mainly just want a scope that's a little more durable and has a couple more features over the HS-T. I have been looking hard at the Burris Veracity 3-15x50 and the new Meopta Optika 6 3-18x50. I'd like opinions and real world experiences with how these two scopes track and hold up to field use. I'm extremely easy and careful with my equipment, but I want something that can take a drop or fall and not bust or lose zero when I need it the most.

I like that the Veracity has a zero stop and I like the reticle very much. I'm an MOA guy, so that's what I'm looking at. I also only have experience with SFP scopes, but I'm open to FFP scopes if the reticle isn't too heavy on higher magnifications. I like that the Optika 6 has illuminated and Dichroic reticles available. I think an illuminated reticle would help with early morning and late evenings shots. I've personally never hunted with an illuminated reticle, so I'm not sure if it's really going to add much or not. I realize both of these scopes are pretty new, but any opinions or help would be very appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I just want to get my thoughts all out there to give everyone a better idea of what I'm wanting and using it for. Thanks

Last edited:
I've got 2 Veracitys, one 3-15 and one 4-20. They both track spot on from my testing and hunting use. Great combination of features and reliability at that price point. I like the 3-15 a little better, just do t have any need for 20x on a hunting rifle. Another bonus is, Burris will do custom turrets for $49.

Never owned an Optika 6 so can't comment on that one.

Hello all, I'm tossing around the idea of upgrading the optics on my .284 hunting rifle. This is my primary rifle I use for hunting from any range between point blank out to 700 yards. I have a bigger rifle for anything beyond that. I'm trying to keep price in the $600-800 range. Eventually I'll upgrade into $1500+ optics, but for now I just want to take the next step up from the 4-16x44 Vortex HS-T I currently use.

I mainly just want a scope that's a little more durable and has a couple more features over the HS-T. I have been looking hard at the Burris Veracity 3-15x50 and the new Meopta Optika 6 3-15x50. I'd like opinions and real world experiences with how these two scopes track and hold up to field use. I'm extremely easy and careful with my equipment, but I want something that can take a drop or fall and not bust or lose zero when I need it the most.

I like that the Veracity has a zero stop and I like the reticle very much. I'm an MOA guy, so that's what I'm looking at. I also only have experience with SFP scopes, but I'm open to FFP scopes if the reticle isn't too heavy on higher magnifications. I like that the Optika 6 has illuminated and Dichroic reticles available. I think an illuminated reticle would help with early morning and late evenings shots. I've personally never hunted with an illuminated reticle, so I'm not sure if it's really going to add much or not. I realize both of these scopes are pretty new, but any opinions or help would be very appreciated. Sorry for the long post, I just want to get my thoughts all out there to give everyone a better idea of what I'm wanting and using it for. Thanks
Have you looked at sig? They make a 4 to 16x42 illuminated with either milrad or moa reticle. I have never liked the 50,s as you need to mount them so high. The 3 to 15 veracity is a fine scope but massive.

I've got 2 Veracitys, one 3-15 and one 4-20. They both track spot on from my testing and hunting use. Great combination of features and reliability at that price point. I like the 3-15 a little better, just do t have any need for 20x on a hunting rifle. Another bonus is, Burris will do custom turrets for $49.

Do your Veracity's have the MAD turret system or just the standard turrets? Thanks

Do your Veracity's have the MAD turret system or just the standard turrets? Thanks
Both of mine have the MAD, I did have a 5-25 that had the tall turrets, sold it to my brother. I prefer the low MAD turret for a hunting rifle, I like the zero stop better, and they are obviously less obtrusive.

Both of mine have the MAD, I did have a 5-25 that had the tall turrets, sold it to my brother. I prefer the low MAD turret for a hunting rifle, I like the zero stop better, and they are obviously less obtrusive.
That's what I'm looking at if I decide to get the Veracity. I'm not sure if the regular tall turrets have a zero stop or not. Some people were complaining about the MAD turrets only have like 23-24 MOA of elevation up, but that gets me to over 900 yards. That is further than I will shoot for hunting, which is this rifles main purpose.

That's what I'm looking at if I decide to get the Veracity. I'm not sure if the regular tall turrets have a zero stop or not. Some people were complaining about the MAD turrets only have like 23-24 MOA of elevation up, but that gets me to over 900 yards. That is further than I will shoot for hunting, which is this rifles main purpose.

The tall turret does have a zero stop, it's a different design than the MAD style. The MAD turrets does only have one revolution, 24 MOA. Like you said, plenty of adjustment for a hunting rig. The MAD zero stop is totally fool proof, and really simple to set.

I have a veracity 5-25 with the MAD turrets. I don't have an optika 6 but do have other Meopta's. The burris is mechanically sound and tracks good but the glass is lacking, so much that I took it off of one of my prairie dog rifles and replaced it with a sightron 6-24. I just can't get past the crappy glass on the burris. I would expect the meopta to be a world better based upon my experience with my other meopta scopes.

I know this is not what you asked but why not save a little more and up grade to the $1500 scope now. In the long run it will save you 6 to 8 hundred dollars. Also not sure but I think you could pick up a Ziess conquest 4 in that price range I have a 4x20 Veracity and a 4x16 Conquest and the Ziess is the better scope of the 2. The Ziess has better glass and a much crisper feel to its turrets. Hope this helps some the Veracity is a very well built scope I will add.

+1 on this. My 3-15x50 has been excellent on my 300wm. Burris also has very good customer service in addition to their lifetime warranty. You can't go wrong with them, in my opinion.

I have two of the Veracity scopes, and I am about to mount 1 for my dad that he just bought. I haven't had alot of time behind them yet, but I really like them so far.

I ordered a 4.5x27 mrad optica 6, should be here Monday.
I was going to order the 3-18 but it was out of stock, Sportoptics gave a deal I couldn't refuse on the 4.5x27.
They look to be great scopes from a reliable company.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.