Optika 6 VS. Veracity

The new sightron stac has a zero stop. Same price range as a veracity.
I have both, prefer the glass on the sightron but both are solid scopes
I have an STAC 4-20x50 without zero stop and it's the best $500 scope I've ever used. I'm looking forward to the new STAC with exposed turret and zero stop.

So would you recommend the dichroic reticle? Sorry for the questions, you're like one of the few guys I've been able to talk to that has one of these scopes that is SFP with the reticle I want.
Sorry I'm just getting back to you on your question. I've always been a scope snob, am very fussy about optics, and crosshairs. They all have to be just right, or I don't get it or like it. I don't care for busy fields of view, and crosshairs too big, or too small. This scope did not disappoint, on all categories. The clarity is something I've never experienced before. My cousin has two, and my dealer recommended it to me, knowing im fussy about optics. You wont be dissatisfied. Mine does have the low turrets. One other thing, the parralax is spot on too! That's also one of my pet pieves.

Sorry I'm just getting back to you on your question. I've always been a scope snob, am very fussy about optics, and crosshairs. They all have to be just right, or I don't get it or like it. I don't care for busy fields of view, and crosshairs too big, or too small. This scope did not disappoint, on all categories. The clarity is something I've never experienced before. My cousin has two, and my dealer recommended it to me, knowing im fussy about optics. You wont be dissatisfied. Mine does have the low turrets. One other thing, the parralax is spot on too! That's also one of my pet pieves.
That's great to hear! Sounds like I'm going to like them! Thank you

Just got my 4.27 Optika 6 mrad.
I've never seen a scope with this kind of glass in a optic in this price range. The turrets are very crisp and line up well. It feels very sturdy, durable.
One thing I checked at first is, it's 12 degrees here right now, and the scope feels like it's been in the cold for several hours. I was going to let it warm up a bit before trying the functions. But I said screw it, I want to see if thing is a durable cold weather optic. All the functions of the scope felt like it was 80 degrees outside. Very smooth, no noises, sometimes on lower end optics you'll get a squeak when adjusting parallax in the cold. And they are sometimes stiff as well. This thing is smooth. I didn't mount it up yet because I'm waiting on my Burris XTR sig rings.
I was concerned about ordering the low rings due to the big power adjustment ring on this thing. I set it into a set of low weaver tactical rings, didn't put the ring caps on and held it there to see if a Remington 700 bolt would hit the ring, I have a badger 20 moa rail on there and gladly the bolt cleared. I think the badger rail sits a little lower than a lot of 20 moa rails, so I think it will clear most bolts with most rails in low rings.
I'm going to run it thru the paces on a 6.5 creed, then a 338 lapua, if it tracks, I'm probably going to pick up the 5-30 34mm. I have no doubts this thing will perform. Meopta builds tough scopes, and being everything is built in house, they can sell a optic that punches above its price point, better than the other companies that source from other companies.

One thing I was wondering, was about the 4.5-27 looking a lot like the Athlon 4.5-27, like maybe meopta sources parts from the pacific rim for these scopes. I was wrong, the body is not the same, the zero stop is not the same, and I had a conformation that these were all made in house.

Honestly I stopped reading your post when your mentioned more options and durability. I have 2 Optika 6's and use to own a Veracity. Sorry but there's no comparison.

Nothing IMO under $1300 compares to the Optika 6 glass, features and durability wise. Just a solid scope!

Just got my 4.27 Optika 6 mrad.
I've never seen a scope with this kind of glass in a optic in this price range. The turrets are very crisp and line up well. It feels very sturdy, durable.
One thing I checked at first is, it's 12 degrees here right now, and the scope feels like it's been in the cold for several hours. I was going to let it warm up a bit before trying the functions. But I said screw it, I want to see if thing is a durable cold weather optic. All the functions of the scope felt like it was 80 degrees outside. Very smooth, no noises, sometimes on lower end optics you'll get a squeak when adjusting parallax in the cold. And they are sometimes stiff as well. This thing is smooth. I didn't mount it up yet because I'm waiting on my Burris XTR sig rings.
I was concerned about ordering the low rings due to the big power adjustment ring on this thing. I set it into a set of low weaver tactical rings, didn't put the ring caps on and held it there to see if a Remington 700 bolt would hit the ring, I have a badger 20 moa rail on there and gladly the bolt cleared. I think the badger rail sits a little lower than a lot of 20 moa rails, so I think it will clear most bolts with most rails in low rings.
I'm going to run it thru the paces on a 6.5 creed, then a 338 lapua, if it tracks, I'm probably going to pick up the 5-30 34mm. I have no doubts this thing will perform. Meopta builds tough scopes, and being everything is built in house, they can sell a optic that punches above its price point, better than the other companies that source from other companies.

One thing I was wondering, was about the 4.5-27 looking a lot like the Athlon 4.5-27, like maybe meopta sources parts from the pacific rim for these scopes. I was wrong, the body is not the same, the zero stop is not the same, and I had a conformation that these were all made in house.
I was going to pm you, to see if you got it, but you best me to it. And yes, the power ring is huge, it barely clears my bolt when I open it, and slide to rear. I like the lever it comes with too! And yeah, the glass, is insane. It's as clear as as US optics I had my hands on years ago. Maybe clearer! Scope is by far the best bang for the buck!

Im running medium rings and two piece bases, Warne. May have to change handle, as it is a tactical one, that is fairly large!
Good point on the two piece bases.
I also heard that Tally rings are a problem if they are lows.

I really like the Hawkins Precision Hybrid rings. They have the base built into the ring like a Talley, but have a built in bubble level. I like the idea of the base being integral to the ring.

Honestly I stopped reading your post when your mentioned more options and durability. I have 2 Optika 6's and use to own a Veracity. Sorry but there's no comparison.

Nothing IMO under $1300 compares to the Optika 6 glass, features and durability wise. Just a solid scope!
Someone over on 24hr fire did a write up recently if I'm not mistaken?

Fyi, I was told, that Meopta, makes CABELAS, Euro, scopes. Never could figure that out, as I've seen a few around.

I have two. They say Meopta right on them. Great glass at least to my eyes. Compared them against others in their price class at the time and in my opinion the glass was so much better. Can't wait to get my hands on an Opitka6.

I gave up waiting for the 3x18x50 SFP Dichro to hit the shelves. I picked up a VX6HD instead. I might pick one up for my son's hunting rifle bf next season.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.