New Meopta Optika 6 Riflescope

1) I'm trying to basically figure out illumination....why do any scopes apply it. The again, with an FFP, super early or late in mountains, it is too dark to see the reticle, and too dark to shoot long, but a center red dot could be visible under 6x and I could see its value then.

2) Issue with capped windage only

5) 3-18 FFP available now, but I missed the last one!

I wish mine had the capped windage. As it is, it's exposed and there is NOTHING to keep it from being accidentally turned. Last year on my elk hunting trip I went as far as putting tape over the turret to prevent it from turning.

The 3-18x50 certainly seems to be the most sought after configuration of the Optika6 line of scopes. I used mine with the Dichro reticle to take a nice buck last year. The Optika6's are out there you just have to let google help you find one. The 4.5-25 and 5-30's all seem to be going to a long backorder list and are tough to find but there are some out there. The new Optika5 scope should be arriving in a month and will be a very nice hunting optic. Here's an Optika5 4-20x50 scope on a Rem. 700 SPS .308.

Attachments

• IMG_6685.jpeg
    IMG_6685.jpeg
    856.5 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_6629.jpeg
    IMG_6629.jpeg
    681.5 KB · Views: 321
I like MEOPTA's glass quality and engineering but they are definitely behind the curve with their reticles.
For long range hunting (the reason we are on this site) I think the G3 reticle, esp. with illumination, is about the best reticle for that purpose. So OK, not every scope maker has that reticle licensed but many have similar "small Xmas tree" reticles very appropriate for hunting and windage holds.

As for the complaints here about MEOPTA's limited illumination you can also look at many Leupold scope and find only a tiny center dot is illuminated. I was very happy to find a fully illuminated G3 reticle in my Bushnell LRTS 4.5 - 18 x 44. That scope is a good match for my 6.5 PRC rifle for long range hunting here in Nevada.
So riflescope makers need to respond more quickly to our needs by listening to us. Hopefully they monitor sites like ours.

I like MEOPTA's glass quality and engineering but they are definitely behind the curve with their reticles.

Is the MRAD1 RD to your liking? I didn't like it at first, because I'm thinking about a 250 yd shot, 10 mph crosswind 300 Sherman: E0.7 W0.4 Seems reasonable to hit the blue dot.

That said, I don't really expect to aim much off center for a 250yd shot. Now at 400 yds E1.8 W0.6 is outside the donut.

On the other hand, most walk to their shooting point. I cannot tell you how many times the Antelope came closer to my stalk. I'm walking to a 400 yd shot, but I see them at 75 yds while stalking. That is where the donut at 3-6x really helps.Add in illumination for the first and last 30 min of the day!

Attachments

• 2336567E-C026-47A7-8927-558068159CC7.png
    2336567E-C026-47A7-8927-558068159CC7.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 228
nksmf...,
You are correct that FFP reticles (which I like) get smaller at lower powers often need illumination. And in darker lighting or backgrounds you really need an illuminated reticle.

What I like about my Bushnell LRTS G3 reticle is that Bushnell made the entire reticle illuminated. That experience tells me that when I upgrade my competition scope (like my current H59 reticle or a Tremor 3 reticle) I will definitely get it with illumination.

And as more and more scope makers begin to make either integral rangefinders or scopes paired with Bluetooth to rangefinders I think we will see more illuminated reticles.

Eric B.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.