VX5HD vs Meopta Optika 6

Which scope and power? Most of the dots are 1-1.2 MOA.
Don't remember exact power. Been awhile. Was higher magnification. Maybe 22-25. Was a Optica6 in SFP. I am more used a much smaller dot/aiming point, like tmoa or SIII, nx8, March etc. I would of kept it if it tracked. Be ok for closer shots. Glass was ok.

I am happy to help out anyone who has any issues at all with a Meopta product. I have been working with them for almost 3 years now and one thing I know for sure is that Meopta cares about the quality of the product that leaves the Czech Republic. Fortunately, it is a rare occasion that someone reaches out to me for a warranty issue. I have multiple Optika5/6's, some with over 1000 rounds under them (expensive these days!), and no issues. For the price, in my opinion, it is darn tough to beat what Meopta makes.

Thanks for the comment. I am going to post exactly how I got the Meopta Optika 5 to fit my CZ 527. I have not received what I think will be the right rings yet.
I know this is a little late but another option is to get an aftermarket bolt from glades armory.

My nephew bought a cz527 in 7.62x39. We tried 3 different scopes we had laying around and none of them worked.

I really wanted the optika5 2-10x42 but at 20oz I never could pull the trigger. Its a one inch tube, no illumination, no huge objective, and no big turrets. Where is the weight? Did they make the tube out of lead?

Last edited:
I went through this decision a while ago. Ultimately, I found reports of tracking issues with both VX-5HD and Optika 6. Decided that I would never have confidence with either and decided to purchase Zeiss Conquest V4. Tracks perfectly, RTZ every time and has great glass. Check Redhawkrifles.com for demo's.
I just got my Zeiss scope from Redhawk Rifles, best deal on a Conquest V4 I've ever scene.

I am happy to help out anyone who has any issues at all with a Meopta product. I have been working with them for almost 3 years now and one thing I know for sure is that Meopta cares about the quality of the product that leaves the Czech Republic. Fortunately, it is a rare occasion that someone reaches out to me for a warranty issue. I have multiple Optika5/6's, some with over 1000 rounds under them (expensive these days!), and no issues. For the price, in my opinion, it is darn tough to beat what Meopta makes.
Does Meopta have a comparison chart for reticle subtensions/sizes?
Thanks

Here is a list of all the Meopta reticles and subtensions. https://www.meoptasportsoptics.com/us/reticles/
I have the 4C RD in mine. It is 1 MOA.
I see in the charts you posted that the smallest they have in the charts is in the optika6 4.5x27. It is .45 MOA.

My 1 MOA dot seems very small to me. The finest I have looked at. I haven't looked through a lot of top end scopes but without illumination it would be too fine and small to hunt with.

Having 2 of the Optika6 4.5-27x50 Mrad 1 RD and 1 5-30x56 Mildot3 RD rifle scopes. The 4.5-27 scopes have an illuminated dot that is .28 MOA and I have 4 coyotes and 7 pigs that are proof it isn't too small for hunting. That says a lot considering my old tired eyes. But, I do understand we all see things differently and what works for some may not work for others.

Having 2 of the Optika6 4.5-27x50 Mrad 1 RD and 1 5-30x56 Mildot3 RD rifle scopes. The 4.5-27 scopes have an illuminated dot that is .28 MOA and I have 4 coyotes and 7 pigs that are proof it isn't too small for hunting. That says a lot considering my old tired eyes. But, I do understand we all see things differently and what works for some may not work for others.
Not saying mine was too small. It's just that I love the red dot. You WILL be able to see it perfectly no matter the light.