Opinions on chronograph's

Well you have 3 options.
Optical. Pro chrony, caldwell.
Cheap but can give erratic readings in low light.
Magneto speed. More expensive. Not sensitive to light conditions. Bad being it mounts to your barrel and can affect grouping. They do make mounts to get around this but it drives the price up.
Lab Radar. Much more expensive but not subject to light conditions and does not attach to your barrel. Some folks have issues getting it to trigger with some rounds and have to get a remote trigger. Best option but more money.

I have an optical and it works fine for me. But I have a private range. On a public range they can be a pain to get set up because your tying up the range.

The magneto speed eliminates the need to go down range but I don't like the idea of shooting groups for load development with something strapped on the barrel. And I like to track velocities during load work up.

The lab radar is the Cadillac and the only negative is the price.

I've been using a CED millennium for years and it's always worked, but not really. When the sun is at low angles, it won't read out. Now that I go to an actual rifle range, I would have to go early to catch the sun where it wasn't being hidden by the rain/shade overheads but now the sun is so low I've given up on chasing when the best time to be there is. So I just ordered a magneto speed v3, I've heard good things about them, so hopefully I can go clock loads any time I want

+1 on the magneto speed, especially if you're shooting with a suppressor. Labradar can be finicky with rounds fired through a suppressor and supposedly you need to tinker with the calibration a lot in order to get it to read. My magneto speed v3 has worked flawlessly, suppressed and unsuppressed.

The Lab Radar won;t read loads over 4000fps m9ght be loads over 3900fps. Probabably not a big deal to most shooters.. My Magneto speed did read loads over 4000fps though. It is a little harder to set up but works very well. More time with it will speed things upI am sure. I HAVE NOT TESTED TO SEE IF IT EFFECTS GROUP SIZE AND EACH GUN WILL BE DIFFERENT.

The Lab Radar won;t read loads over 4000fps m9ght be loads over 3900fps. Probabably not a big deal to most shooters.. My Magneto speed did read loads over 4000fps though. It is a little harder to set up but works very well. More time with it will speed things upI am sure. I HAVE NOT TESTED TO SEE IF IT EFFECTS GROUP SIZE AND EACH GUN WILL BE DIFFERENT.
That is one of its limitations that Brother Scott ( @Reemty J ) must consider. I am a heavy-for-caliber end-user, and the 4000 FPS MV criteria are not obtainable to any of my rifle chamberings nor necessary for my intended purpose at 1000+ yards. I considered the Magneto speed but went with LabRadar because I do not want anything attached to the barrel (or the rifle) that will affect the harmonics. I like the ability to shoot multiple rifles with one set-up.

I have a magnetto sporter that I use most of the time. I considered the V3 but it only offered me a little more luxury but not any more data, so I saved my money and went with the sporter. I now regret it, I have several rifle barrels in the 1.2" straight taper range and my sporter won't work with them, same with my large extra long 1.5" diameter muzzle brake on my 338 lapua. I purchased a CED millennium 2 for a back up, it's become pretty handy measuring my rifles and also my bows.
I still think a V3 would be the most convenient in the under 500$ price range.

I bought a pro chrony used years ago, and I still have it and it still works. It is not perfect, you'll have to shoot a lot to get your dope square, but it's a starting point. A buddy of mine went in with me and we bought a LabRadar and are well pleased with it. The folks that make them have answered the phone every time we called them as we're both around 60, I'm over, and neither one of us are super techy. They have walked us through every problem, and we get great readings for all our long-range stuff. I shoot some small cartridges but don't push the envelope that much. Some shoot in the 3900 fps range and so far it has read them all.