Opinions on 6.5prc load

Honestly your bank account and spare time will be in much better shape if you continue shooting factory ammo. If you and rifle are happy that is a fantastic combo. I've seen 147 eld-m kill all the large N. American game other than grizzly. If you want to embark on a lifelong pursuit of frustration (and ultimately satisfaction!) start hand loading 🤣

Lol
Honestly your bank account and spare time will be in much better shape if you continue shooting factory ammo. If you and rifle are happy that is a fantastic combo. I've seen 147 eld-m kill all the large N. American game other than grizzly. If you want to embark on a lifelong pursuit of frustration (and ultimately satisfaction!) start hand loading 🤣
Lol

Like I originally said I'm new to this and I don't wanna stupid but when you say 140's are you meaning berger 140
There are a multitude of great 140 class bullets.

My two favorite are *, but all of these work great.

139 Scenar
140 VLD
140 Elite Hunter*
140 Hyb*
140 NAB
140 BMB
140 SGK
140 SMK
140 TGK
142 SMK
142 NABLR
143 ELD-X

There are a multitude of great 140 class bullets.

My two favorite are *, but all of these work great.

139 Scenar
140 VLD
140 Elite Hunter*
140 Hyb*
140 NAB
140 BMB
140 SGK
140 SMK
140 TGK
142 SMK
142 NABLR
143 ELD-X
Thank you! I primarily hunt whitetails, the only reason that my friend suggested 156 is in case I decide to Elk hunt,that being said I've read where people have killed an elk with the 140's . I feel the 140's will do everything I need.

I'm new to longrange hunting/shooting/reloading. I currently have a savage 110 ultralite 6.5prc paired with a leupold vx5hd. I have a friend telling me the best load for my gun would be berger 156 elite with H1000 . I'm currently shooting factory hornady 147 match the gun shoots wonderfully but I know there is room for improvement. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated
I would check out handloading the 123gn Absolute Hammer and really get some velocity out of that bullet in the PRC would be an excellent do it all round for everything. You should be able to safely get at least 3200fps.

I would check out handloading the 123gn Absolute Hammer and really get some velocity out of that bullet in the PRC would be an excellent do it all round for everything. You should be able to safely get at least 3200fp
I would check out handloading the 123gn Absolute Hammer and really get some velocity out of that bullet in the PRC would be an excellent do it all round for everything. You should be able to safely get at least 3200fps.
Wow! That's screaming fast

Thank you! I primarily hunt whitetails, the only reason that my friend suggested 156 is in case I decide to Elk hunt,that being said I've read where people have killed an elk with the 140's . I feel the 140's will do everything I need.
Whitetails at what range? If it is like 400yrds and under you might look at the 120gr class bullet and send them fast and flat.

140gr are a great choice too. My son is getting a 6.5prc for Christmas and I plan to shoot 140gr class bullets, but he will be doing both deer and elk with the rifle. If it was a deer only or deer mostly gun I would look at the 120-130gr bullets too.

I have a friend who has an 18" 6.5SS. It shoots a 140 Elite @ 2800fps. His wife killed a big bull elk at just over 800 yards with it last year.

^ I know it happens a thousand plus times a year, but I just can't bring myself to hunt elk with a bullet weighing less than 200 grains.

Whitetails at what range? If it is like 400yrds and under you might look at the 120gr class bullet and send them fast and flat.

140gr are a great choice too. My son is getting a 6.5prc for Christmas and I plan to shoot 140gr class bullets, but he will be doing both deer and elk with the rifle. If it was a deer only or deer mostly gun I would look at the 120-130gr bullets too.
If I'm hunting on my farm the range is typically 70 to 400 yards, I do hunt with a friend on reclaim mine property that can range out to 1400 yards which is past my ability. I did kill a nice buck at 707 yards last year