Opinions on 6.5prc load

I'm new to longrange hunting/shooting/reloading. I currently have a savage 110 ultralite 6.5prc paired with a leupold vx5hd. I have a friend telling me the best load for my gun would be berger 156 elite with H1000 . I'm currently shooting factory hornady 147 match the gun shoots wonderfully but I know there is room for improvement. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated

I would think that the combo you mentioned would be a good place to start, your challenge (and the fun) is just beginning, learn good reloading practices, get quality published data, and let the fun begin. There's a slew of PRC shooters on here that I'm sure can point you in the right direction but it'll be on you to find the loads that safely and accurately work for you and your rifle. If I haven't welcomed you to LRH, welcome from Montana.

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like a winning combination if you can source the components.

Learn safe reloading practices. Get a few manuals and a good chronograph. Alot of personal data online can be suspect. If you can find a mentor or at least someone with experience to help you along would be very beneficial.

Lots of great guys on here as well. Great community of hunters, shooters, reloaders.

Go to Bergers website and check to see if your twist will stabilize the bullet. Look for their stabilization calculator. Welcome to the forum

I have a custom and have been shooting that to get brass.It has shot well for and taken game with it also.Its also held well to 800 yrds.I am going to try some BD 2 with retumbo for a deer load.

I have a custom and have been shooting that to get brass.It has shot well for and taken game with it also.Its also held well to 800 yrds.I am going to try some BD 2 with retumbo for a deer load.
I shoot the BD2 125gr over 57gr of h1000 and have been getting .25 moa. I haven't tried retumbo, h1000 was the first one I tried and not sure it is worth checking anything else

I prefer the 140s in my 22" 6.5PRC. Get them going a little faster, they shoot very well and lose nothing to a 156 started 100+fps slower under 800 yards.
Lance, whats your load data with 140's.. I'm getting 3125 avg with my 22" 6.5 prc with 58.3 gr of N560 and cci 200's using Lapua brass