Opinion on rifle.

MT257

I purchased a new Tikka T3 Lite SS in 300 win mag this weekend. I went to double check that my sized brass would chamber properly. After an empty was chambered I went to eject the case, it just sat there…. I pulled the brass out manually and tried again same result. I then compared my bolt to another T3 I own and I have now found out that the ejector pin and everything is not in the rifle. Is their customer service gonna stand behind this or is it gonna be a fight from the start? I love my other T3 but a brand new rifle should function. On page 2 of the owners manual they say it was tested and passed after this discovery I am not sure how.

I purchased a new Tikka T3 Lite SS in 300 win mag this weekend. I went to double check that my sized brass would chamber properly. After an empty was chambered I went to eject the case, it just sat there…. I pulled the brass out manually and tried again same result. I then compared my bolt to another T3 I own and I have now found out that the ejector pin and everything is not in the rifle. Is their customer service gonna stand behind this or is it gonna be a fight from the start? I love my other T3 but a brand new rifle should function. On page 2 of the owners manual they say it was tested and passed after this discovery I am not sure how.

I saw a post recently about another Tikka with an issue (can't remember what the issue was). And the owner of the rifle said that Beretta's customer service people basically told him to go get bent and were very rude to him. But, that is just 2nd-hand knowledge to me, as I have no experience dealing with their customer service. Either way, doesn't sound like something I would want to get involved with. I'd see if the store you bought it from will swap you out another rifle? I hope your problem gets resolved without any issues.

If you purchased it in a LGS, I'll try with them first. They "might" just swap it with a new one and they can deal with about defect rifle directly with the company since they are authorized distributors.

I bought it at Cabelas. The guy I talked to when buying it and after confronting him about the problem was professional and well just as I was dumfounded that the parts were left out. He said to bring it in and they could send it off for repairs. Guy at Cabelas even offered to pay for my gas round trip for the inconvience of a faulty brand new rifle.I am gonna call Beretta in the morning to see if I can just ship the bolt off, and either send bolt or travel back to Cabelas.

I bought it at Cabelas. The guy I talked to when buying it and after confronting him about the problem was professional and well just as I was dumfounded that the parts were left out. He said to bring it in and they could send it off for repairs. Guy at Cabelas even offered to pay for my gas round trip for the inconvience of a faulty brand new rifle.I am gonna call Beretta in the morning to see if I can just ship the bolt off, and either send bolt or travel back to Cabelas.

My bet is Cabela's will be your best path to some kind of resolution.

It sure takes the joy out of a new purchase. You never seem yo to get the feel good part back.

I wouldn't let much time pass though with Cabela's

I agree with HARPERC. It might be a long shot but I would "try" if Cabelas will allow you for a bolt swap "if" they have the same model, and "if" they have gunsmith onsite to check the head spacing.

Good luck!

I agree with HARPERC. It might be a long shot but I would "try" if Cabelas will allow you for a bolt swap "if" they have the same model, and "if" they have gunsmith onsite to check the head spacing.

Good luck!

That's the tricky part with both Tikka and Sako. If you f.ex. lost your bolt on your Tikka you can't just take another one you think might fit. No, the whole d..n rifle has to be send to Tikka itself for a proper refit, otherwise you loose your guarantee ... Talking money there lots of money. Everything regarding a malfunctioning bolt on Tikka / Sako has to be solved by the company itself. That's the way how it works in Europe, and I don't think it's different i the US. Along with the everlasting recoil - lug issue one more reason to be careful with these products.

That's the tricky part with both Tikka and Sako. If you f.ex. lost your bolt on your Tikka you can't just take another one you think might fit. No, the whole d..n rifle has to be send to Tikka itself for a proper refit, otherwise you loose your guarantee ... Talking money there lots of money. Everything regarding a malfunctioning bolt on Tikka / Sako has to be solved by the company itself. That's the way how it works in Europe, and I don't think it's different i the US. Along with the everlasting recoil - lug issue one more reason to be careful with these products.

I hope that is not the case here in the US; that would be a bummer.

I took it back to cabelas the guy checking my rifle in argued with me that I can't return this rifle I said that cabelas will need to find a viable solution since they sold me a faulty rifle. The guy said don't get your hopes up. I said well if your guys would check the stuff before they sell it before it becomes a safety hazard. Guys attitude change and well long story short it's on it's way to be fixed/repaired.

Well got a call here a few days ago that my rifle was back at Cabelas. Tikka claimed the rifle was in working order, but upon quick inspection the extractor pin was still missing. I was not pleased. One manager who had no idea what the heck was going on tried telling me I needed to sign paperwork saying I recieved my rifle back and all was ok. I told her I wouldnt sign it, she argued with me and the manager I dealt with the first time around came by and was disgusted with Tikka, he said in 9 years he has never had a problem with them and this was his first problem, he asked me to walk away from the situation for a second to discuss something. I did so, and the manager said the situation is assinine and I should not have to deal with this so he asked if I would consider an upgrade, I asked what the price difference would be he said nothing cause because these problems should not arise with a new rifle. So low and behold I guess I came home with a 300 win mag T3 with a fluted barrel and camo stock.

Every once in awhile you find the right person at the right time. Tough to beat that feeling when you do.

Thats a fact the lady that wanted papers signed should not be dealing with firearms as she had no idea what the problem was or what tikka needed to do to fix the problem. She just wanted me to sign on the line and rid her of the headache.

Your upgrade as described having the fluted barrel and Camo stock is a Cabelas exclusive Tikka Superlight. It uses the same barrel as the Sako Finnlite, so it is a bit lighter the. The normal t3 lite and is certainly an upgrade from my experiences with them.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.