one of my longest shots...

4ked Horn,
I pulled out my atlas and figured out a good bit of your route, that must have been an utterly spectacular hike, and vigorous as well! Thanks for the offer on guidance, that is the general area I was interested in exploring, or perhaps near there. Seems a lot of the ID goat tags are in that vicinity. Who knows what a future drawing might bring.

Wombat,
That sounds like quite the crash, probably gave you a new appreciation for life. I know my close calls have, and don't think they've been that close. As for looking like a Wombat, perhaps your pals had been quaffing a few too many at the pub, eh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Cheers,

KJ

I got in a head on collision that put me in the hospital for three months. Maybe I'll call myself Immortal 4ked Horn. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hi All,

As a start on making my own website (partly inspired by another hunter's site), I've created a webpage about my 2004 sheep hunt. I hope you enjoy it.

KJ's webpage

Cheers,

KJ

It really brings those memories rushing back.

It is the most uninhabitable places I desire to inhabit most.

Thanks for sharing those pictures with us.

BTW the fourth pic on "page one" didn't show up. Just a square line box with an X in the top corner.

4ked, thanks, putting the site together brought it back for me as well. Not sure why that photo didn't load, it did just now for me. Perhaps try again, it's one that helps give a feel for the rugged country.

Cheers,

KJ

I doubt I will make it to the RMBF banquet Kevin. I was involved with this organization for a while back in the 80's and got kinda burned out on that sort of thing.Here's a picture of my ram.think i did it right.AJ

4ked, sorry, I can't figure out what's up with that picture, it's still downloading for me. One of those computer mysteries I guess. I'll try uploading it to the webserver again.

AJ, beautiful rams! Very nice pics of them as well. Thanks for sharing them. I'd sure like to hunt Dalls at some point, that must've been a great adventure. Perhaps our paths will cross another day.

Cheers,

KJ

I love sheep pics. Couldn't miss out on the fun. Here is me with my dad's desert bighorn ram shot in October of '04. It scores 158 1/2" and the spread on it goes 29 1/2". It was one of my dad's longest shots at just over 400 yards. He did a great job and is now bitten by the sheep bug.
The gun was a Sako 7 mm rem mag. 160 grain accubonds over 69.5 grains of RL-22.
We had to pack the full cape out about 9 miles in our pack frames. It took almost all night, and we were out of food and only had 1 bottle of water left! Ahh... the memories!

mewithdadsram.jpg

Beautiful Sheep GG. We dont have those amazing big game animals here in OZ. But it wont be long before i come on over there to tackle those large rams.

nice desert sheep goodgrouper... sounds like a fine and thirsty adventure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Ageo, you may not have these sheep but as I hear it NZ has some great high country hunting (tahr and stag), does Australia?

Thanks again to all of you for your votes, it's now the last week of the contest. I hope I hold my spot, there's someone not far behind in the voting. Currently I would get a 4.5-14 burris scope, a fine long range setup- that'd be nice... Thanks for your help! If anyone hasn't voted, please do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

good hunting,

KJ

GG, Beautiful Ram. Where are you and your dad drawing those desert bighorn tags? I've been putting in for Colo for about 10 yrs now with no success. Two of my good buddies have drawn though and both tagged nice rams...one with a longbow!! I would love to get a tag. I have had the sheep bug for many years now and i agree, you can't beat'm for a great hunt. I live here at the base of the Sangre De Cristo Mtns in Colo and see sheep up and down bighorn sheep canyon almost every day. The Dall came from the Alaska range about 1994 i think. If you ever get the bug for a Colorado bighorn i can line you out on a place to hunt.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts