one of my longest shots...

Nontypical

I was fortunate enough to take a beautiful ram this year with one of my longer shots and entered a photo in a contest. I'd appreciate your vote. Or, vote for another photo that you like better in the contest. More votes means the best photo is more likely to win.
Here's my photo, and there's a link on this pg to all the finalists so you can see the other photos as well…

http://www.riflescopes.com/gallery/entry290.htm

it was a Hornady 140 BTSP over H4831, for the afficionados

Thanks!

Kevin

Congratulations!
A little known secret is that sheep are the best! Now you just have 3 more to go for your SLAM! Good luck on your shooting career as your ranges increase and the fun begins!

thanks for the congratulations, it really was a fantastic hunt, some of the best part was all the summer backpacking trips looking for him, it was a great reason to spend a lot of time in the high country

right now, I can only dream of doing a slam... but who knows... it'd be a great reason to visit more great high country...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Come on guys, with the number of people that post on this forum we would be able to boost the number of votes for Nontypical's pic to will over 1000....co come on 'n' get voting...its time for some LRH power /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There is another website that I frequent and they are asking for votes for the sniper team picture.

I was going to vote for it untill I started looking at all of them. When I saw yours it reminded me of my backpacking days in the Idaho Whitecloud mountain range. I would love to do a hunt like yours and so I just had to vote for it. What a coincidence that you would show up here a day afterwords.

I do have to be honest though. I almost voted for one of the pictures with the "Hotties" in it. There is just something about pretty girls with guns.

Congrats on the hunt.

Stick around for a while. You might find that we are your type of folks.

Hey, thanks for the votes and to whoever rated this thread highly, I much appreciate it.

Yes, I found out from a friend that the current top vote-getter had posted on some of the military weapons and sniper forums, so I decided why not fight fire with fire and try to get votes from the hunters. I know a lot of hunters appreciate a beautiful bighorn and what it means to take him unguided high in the wilderness.

My line about the ladies is that I don't think lingerie would've helped how I look in my picture... oh well, you do what you can with what you've got.

The White Clouds look spectacular, I drove Salmon-Challis a couple years ago, perhaps some day I'll try to draw a goat tag in there... it must be a great place to hike and hunt.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

fyi,i voted for you,but....seeing july calendar girl? if the rest of the photos were there....not sure which way that vote would have went? this should get more votes!

great job on the sheep hunt kevin. just sent my vote in. What part of Colorado did you hunt? I have a full curl sheep on my wall that I killed in area S-9 (Sangre De Cristo mtns) back in '86. That was the hardest , yet most memorable hunt i think i have ever been on. Made a great shot on him, right at 500yds.That was before laser rangefinders so i just had to guess.I've always wanted to hike back in there and shoot the range with my leica. May just do that this summer. Good luck with the contest.

Come on guys only 1085 votes to go...with all the members of this board we should be able to get that in like a hour...so what you all waiting for /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif...

Thanks for the votes, and thanks to those who have voted but haven't posted!

dogdinger, I've got some friends who've been trying for this area for manyh years, so I'm not going to post the unit # here, as it is already one of the toughest sheep draws in CO (there's a hint)- I was very fortunate to draw the tag. If you're at the RMBS banquet on 4/2, I'll be there, I'm involved in that organization.

Rocky Mtn Bighorn Society

S9 is beautiful, I backpacked in there in '02 and '03 looking for sheep, and actually had put into the draw there for a number of yrs but didn't pull a tag. Congratulations on your ram, sounds like a great hunt. Terrain doesn't get much tougher than the Sangres. I don't know if you've heard, but tag #s in there have been cut this yr.

Wombat, thanks for the campaigning. Over 700 thread views here alone so lots must be looking but not voting. Voting is painless (even kind of fun) and it doesn't have to be for me! Since this thread is now on pg 2, here it is again...

2004 ram

So, where does the Immortal Wombat handle come from?

It conjures up some strange images...
1- an aboriginal myth
2- a bad hunting experience with a wombat that wouldn't quit
3- ?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Hey, thanks for the votes and to whoever rated this thread highly, I much appreciate it

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you'd like that.

[ QUOTE ]
(The White Cloud Mtns) must be a great place to hike and hunt.

[/ QUOTE ]

The hike I did started at Livingston Mill, went over the hill to Frog Lake. Next day was up the Boulder Chain lakes to make camp near Hourglass, Hummoc, Scoop and Hidden lake. That was home for 5 or 6 days. A day trip over Windy Devil pass to Noisy lake and Quiet lake takes you right past Lonesome lake. It is the highest lake in Idaho to the best of my knoledge. You can catch 200 fish a day in the lower lakes on nothing but a shiny brass hook and there is a rockslide to hear in the distance almost every other morning. We watched a mountain goat ascend a boulder chute to a saddle in 5 minutes. We saw this goat as we were decending this same chute after an hours climb. We were awestruck.

Let me know if you would like geographic coordinates for any of these points

BTW every new post bumps this post back to the top.

Well, I got the nickname Wombat from some friends who feel that i look a little like a wombat. The immortal part of my name came after i crashed my car off a clift...the car was a wreck...flat as a pancake but i walked away.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.