Ok I am not a big fan of the 6.5 Creedmore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well absolutely brother!! Hopefully my post didn't offend @300whisper ! He gets a little touchy on the creedmoor subject!
I just joined today, after registering over 3 years ago, and forgetting until now, from an email that came through instead of junked. I am comically dry as hell, and most don't pick up on my humor. But the Creedmoore boat advertising, is now my new favorite.

Sorry about that, that is the marketing team for all the calibers that do not end in creedmoor. This is there special anything that ends in creedmoor marketing team!
View attachment 135550
Sorry, but this is actually the 17 HMR "Horny Magnum Rimfire" guys, before they turned 260 and missed the boat altogether.

Actually the Creed is loosing ground now that the PRC is out,,, maybe the 65 Newton will come back into production...

Let's not forget that there will be 20 to 40 new versions of the 65 yet to come...

They say the 270 Creed is only it's way as well. Ha... I'll be long gone before the 338 Moore shows up.

LOL

Well absolutely brother!! Hopefully my post didn't offend @300whisper ! He gets a little touchy on the creedmoor subject!
I don't think the words "touchy" and that 2nd picture you posted should ever be put in the same post... o_O

Also, nice HD... I got my Harley in 2009, but rode GSXR's prior to that. I'm thinking about selling the HD. It's a rare model (only made 5 years), and I don't ride it anymore due to not having any time to go riding, now that I'm pulling down 50-60 hours a week. PM me if you know anyone who rides that might be interested in it. I can give you more details and a price, but don't want to break forum rules by posting it in a thread.

Ha ha ha! LMFAO! I wasn't and am not a "emotional" person. If you think what you have to say has any impact on me, in any way, you are sadly mistaken.
You and many others come on these "Creedmoor bash threads" to show your dislike for the cartridge or the people that shoot it just to stir the pot. It is getting old.

Of course you're not emotional, that's why you want to make it personal, your feelings obviously aren't hurt.

I've never started a thread on the CM at all, and never bashed it. I simply speak the truth about it.

The CM isn't doing anything that wasn't already being done just as well or better by existing 6.5's, that's simply a fact.

Ruger and Hornady put together a brilliant plan for bringing it to market, marketing, and supporting it which is why it has gained such a following.

Each of those statements is completely supported by all the known facts.

But of course, rant on.

I am sure many novice shooters got as worked up listening to the 270, 243 and 7mmREM hype. Back then it was more MV equals flat trajectory, but experienced hunters knew about point blank range and that around 300, 350 to 400 yards the faster rounds needed good range estimation and some method to judge hold over in plain cross hair reticles. So in practicality all that speed was of minimal advantage unless you had a range finder and dial up scope or marked cross hairs which back then no one had. Well we no longer have the MV hype, now everyone talks about SD and BC which back when the 7mmREM came out most casual to average hunters would look at you funny if you moved on from MV of the 7REM and started talking BC of the Sierra BTGK vs the Nosler partition. Also back then no internet forums to bash the shooters that bought into the "magic" of the new best thing. So I am learning to let those all juiced up on the "this is the best ever" be happy in their simple world and try not to be a cranky old fart and tell everyone that they know nothing. But it is fun to go round and round about this stuff and sometimes it stirs up something new I did not know before.

To the bolded, sorry but that simply could not be more inaccurate. The higher the velocity, flatter shooting the round, the less you need accurate range estimations because the MPBR is much longer, the arc by definition much flatter, and thus for the novice shooter requires far less expertise and less advanced or specialized equipment to make those killing shots out to 400yds because holdovers a significantly reduced vs the slower traditional rounds like the 06.

As for energy, the equation is MV^2= Energy. Velocity is the far more important factor in the energy equation since it is squared.

At those ranges BC also means very little.

Sorry, but this is actually the 17 HMR "Horny Magnum Rimfire" guys, before they turned 260 and missed the boat altogether.
Actuallly the 17HMR created a totally new "niche", high velocity mild recoil, mild rapport, center fires for markets like Australia and other countries that were coming up with continually more restrictive laws on center fires but not on rim fires.

It worked brilliantly for them. In the US we don't have those idiotic laws so of course it never gained widespread popularity except for a very small portion of varmint hunters mostly in or near heavily populated areas where the very mild rapport makes them quite popular.

I can't speak for the whole centerfires in Australia statement, but I think saying it hasn't gained widespread popularity is a stretch. It likely won't ever catch the 22 LR in total sales, but personally I use 17 HMR 10-1 over 22 LR now. It does everything better except being cheap.

The 17hmr has its place. It sure as heck beats the crap out of a 22 lr! It just has limitations just like anything else. Many a woodchuck has died by my 17 hmr. It's my favorite woodchuck/varmint gun(minus yotes) for out to 200 yards. Furthest confirmed woodchuck kill was 247 yards.

Status
Not open for further replies.