Official Hammer bullets Terminal Performance (picture heavy)

Caribou taken at 420 yards with a hammer hunter 166 leaving the muzzle at 3240 fps

IMG_6159.jpg

I don't believe Hammer has a 124gr bullet in .284. Most shooters appear to be using the 143gr Hammer Hunter. I am and they have been shooting great in my 7WSM. These were fired from a 25" Bartlein barrel with an 8.5 twist.

Just for reference: The green dots are 2.5" and the orange dots are 1.25".

143 Hammer.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I meant the 143 grain. I was multitasking and as seen above I can't. I will be trying them in an XP-100 in 7SAUM with a 17" barrel. I have about 1 pound of R26 so I thought I would start with that. I was just looking for other powders that have worked well.

Sorry I meant the 143 grain. I was multitasking and as seen above I can't. I will be trying them in an XP-100 in 7SAUM with a 17" barrel. I have about 1 pound of R26 so I thought I would start with that. I was just looking for other powders that have worked well.

The SAUM is very similar to the WSM, although case capacity is slightly lower for the SAUM. Suitable powders for both would be the same. Firing the 143gr Hammers in my 7WSM, I had very good results with RE23 and RE26.

The SAUM is very similar to the WSM, although case capacity is slightly lower for the SAUM. Suitable powders for both would be the same. Firing the 143gr Hammers in my 7WSM, I had very good results with RE23 and RE26.

I have both so I will start with those two. Thanks for the reply. I am looking for a load that will get me out to 500 yds.