Obama says 18 billion dollars is not much money

Timberbeast, I didn't say I would give them up. I said that there are bigger issues at hand.

Yes, there in fact are.

Yea, you're right. Bush did a great job with oil prices!

RYO-It seems you are implying the President of the United States is responsible for the price of oil. Have you taken a Micro or Macro Economics 101 class? Please explain your thoughts here....focusing on the President can control/effect oil prices in the short to mid term time frame.

RYO-It seems you are implying the President of the United States is responsible for the price of oil. Have you taken a Micro or Macro Economics 101 class? Please explain your thoughts here....focusing on the President can control/effect oil prices in the short to mid term time frame.

Your kidding me right?

The single biggest factor involving oil prices is geo-political risk. Sorry, but that may be taught in economics 201.

Bush goes into Iraq and oil price have spiked dramatically. Remember the gulf war in the 90's? Oil spiked up and then dropped after the conflict was resolved.

If Bush would have not invaded Iraq but rather gone after Bin Laden then we would not be seeing these prices today.

In addition, Bush is a Texas Oil man and buddies with the Arabs. In fact he is a good friend of the Bin Laden family! If he was a democrate you hypocrites would be all over that.
Isn't it true that he a the Bin Laden family sent home immediately after 9/11 before the FBI questioned them? He a republican boys, he won't take your guns away so turn a blind eye. Just go ahead and call Obama a terrorist. Here, let me help you discredit Obama - NA NA NA NA NA Obama has cooties! Do you think more people will vote for McCain now?

I don't even know where to begin....or end with this.

So....Bush invaded Iraq so he and his oil buddies could exploit "Geo Political Risk" and they could profit from higher oil prices.....did I get that right?

Qualify yourself...have you even left the U.S. since 9/11?

I just hate to see the biggest loudest mouth be the one that's heard the most is all :)

You brought up so many issues.....I ask you to engage in only one at a time so that it can be discussed properly....instead of the "scatter effect" of bringing up a multitude of issues so that none can be properly discussed.

The concept that one man, one party, even one nation can really have anything to do with fair market forces for a commodity such as oil is....well....naive.

Do us all a favor (and yourself while your at it)...Google the term "Peak Oil"......take 30 minutes of your life instead of planting Obama signs in your yard and educate yourself on that term. Don't let pride get in the way, but rather just let facts guide to right conclusion on who to blame for energy.

I'm not implying that any party is perfect, or any politician is beyond reproach...just the thought that Bush in charge of the price at the pump, or that O'Bama can fix it...you can't just spout that B.S....

Before you bag on Senator McCain...Why don't you measure your sacrifices towards being an American against his.

Roll Your Own

Never mind...you win. :)

LRH isn't the place to delve into the fray on this....

Good luck with O'Bama..

FWIW...the recent short term price increase in oil prices was caused by the Chinese banking fuel in support of the Olympics. Check the price of crude vs. the Olympics....

Long term...again Google peak oil. You'll figure it out.

The President or any other national leader really has very little to do with the price of Oil for the long to mid term.

And they do cover "Geo-Political" considerations in both Macro/Micro 100 series classes.

Last edited:
I don't even know where to begin....or end with this.

So....Bush invaded Iraq so he and his oil buddies could exploit "Geo Political Risk" and they could profit from higher oil prices.....did I get that right?

Qualify yourself...have you even left the U.S. since 9/11?

I just hate to see the biggest loudest mouth be the one that's heard the most is all :)

You brought up so many issues.....I ask you to engage in only one at a time so that it can be discussed properly....instead of the "scatter effect" of bringing up a multitude of issues so that none can be properly discussed.

The concept that one man, one party, even one nation can really have anything to do with fair market forces for a commodity such as oil is....well....naive.

Do us all a favor (and yourself while your at it)...Google the term "Peak Oil"......take 30 minutes of your life instead of planting Obama signs in your yard and educate yourself on that term. Don't let pride get in the way, but rather just let facts guide to right conclusion on who to blame for energy.

I'm not implying that any party is perfect, or any politician is beyond reproach...just the thought that Bush in charge of the price at the pump, or that O'Bama can fix it...you can't just spout that B.S....

Before you bag on Senator McCain...Why don't you measure your sacrifices towards being an American against his.

I didn't say his intent was to cause geo-political risk, but that was the result of an ignorant attack.

I know there are people trying to hurt us, but Sadam Hussein was not one of them. bin laden was and he is still out there 8 years later.

I feel safer with Obama than Palin. She sees Russia from her house so she would be too busy fighting Putin.

I never nocked McCains service to this country only his campaign advisors and his current desperate tactics.

I hope McCain wins but fact is he won't.

And stop trying to come off like an economics expert.

Since you want to comment on only one topic then tell me about Bush sending the Bin Laden family (His admitted friends) back to the Middle East after 9/11 before the FBI could question them?

By the way I live in NY I could see/smell the smoke and bodies. Yea, In know I must be a liberal from NY.

Did you even vote for McCain in the primary?

Sir

I'm not an economics expert...you're making that one up all yourself.

If you can grasp the concept and fact of peak oil, I don't think you need to be one to realize no one office in America really has any long term effect on the price of oil.

I must concede the point on flight(s) allowed to leave the U.S. in the immediate Post 9/11 hours. That smells.....bad.

Like you, I don't agree with all the decisions that the Republicans/Bush have made.

But a "community organizer" isn't the answer.

There's no doubt about your political persuasion when you say "I must be a Liberal"...this thread speaks for itself.

Your kidding me right?

The single biggest factor involving oil prices is geo-political risk. Sorry, but that may be taught in economics 201.

Bush goes into Iraq and oil price have spiked dramatically. Remember the gulf war in the 90's? Oil spiked up and then dropped after the conflict was resolved.

If Bush would have not invaded Iraq but rather gone after Bin Laden then we would not be seeing these prices today.

SNIP

My history must be a bit fuzzy, EXACTLY WHEN did BUSH invade Iraq?
Perhaps 2003!

Since you are not up on current events, Crude Oil has been well below 100 dollars for most of the war! It did however spike to nearly 150 per barrel after the Democrats took over BOTH houses of Congress....but I am not blaming them, but it is historically correct!

Quote.com U.S. Markets - Futures Quotes and Charts - Chart for CL X8

You have said that you are a Republican, which I still doubt! Do you have any posts attempting to debase Obama, or just Bush and McCain?

edge.

My history must be a bit fuzzy, EXACTLY WHEN did BUSH invade Iraq?
Perhaps 2003!

Since you are not up on current events, Crude Oil has been well below 100 dollars for most of the war! It did however spike to nearly 150 per barrel after the Democrats took over BOTH houses of Congress....but I am not blaming them, but it is historically correct!

Quote.com U.S. Markets - Futures Quotes and Charts - Chart for CL X8

You have said that you are a Republican, which I still doubt! Do you have any posts attempting to debase Obama, or just Bush and McCain?

edge.

I never debased McCain. I think McCain would be a great president. I debased Palin & Bush, and McCains advisors. I'm ****ed off that his choices of advisors and running mate will cost him the election. But, his age does scare me considering that Palin would be next in line. And, oil was still in the $40 range when we went into Iraq. But I'd rather not argue about oil prices. They are coming down so let all be thankful. Since we are all hunters, I would bet I'm not the only one with a pick up truck.

As for Obama, I have no reason to debase him just because I don't agree with him on all matters.

I'm a republican moderate not conservative and not liberal. I try to keep an independent mind.

For example, I do not like either candidate ideas on health insurance. I dont want it taxed or socialized.

I was and still am opposed to a financial bailout. You play, you lose, too bad. I'm a pure capitalist and fiscal conservative. I do favor Reaganomics.

My wife was a teacher in NYC schools and has seen first hand kids whose only good meal was the breakfast and lunch they received in school. I support that.

She has also seen these same kids slash each other with a hidden razor and show up in court dressed up looking innocent and handed a slap on the wrist by some liberal judge. I DON'T support that!

I want to make perfectly clear that I support our troops 110% and and opposed to ANY timeline to get out. We need to stay until Victory and I do oppose Obama's vies to the contrary.

In hind site myself, and many others, say it was a mistake going in, but we are there now and I do not want to see our kids die or get wounded in vain. We NEED to win!

I'm done arguing. I hope you guys can see that someone can still be a republican and be moderate. Although I do think I "lean" towards the right....must be my longer left leg!

Should we have gone in?

Based on the facts, YES! We had a negotiated peace that Saddam was not upholding, and he could not be trusted with his billions of oil revenue!

Was the war prosecuted properly? Obviously not!
AND IT STILL IS NOT, and to the Public can't ever be...IMO!

1st, a Vietnam style war can't be won by the USA!
If there are people in a village that need to be captured, then let the people know that we want them. The people have one way out and anyone attempting to leave by any other means will be shot, bombed, blown to bits from a distance!
All persons will be vetted and allowed to leave. If they, the citizens do not turn over those that are to be captured then the village, town, city is razed FROM A LONG DISTANCE!

WWII style tactics if you like!

Terrorism needs to be fought in the dark!

There are some folks that give orders, are the cheerleaders, are the organizers, that never take the risks themselves.

The Osama's, the Hitlers, the Bill Ayers, the Imam's

IMO, there may be millions of Muslims that may eventually be willing to kill us, but unless instigated never will.
Unless they are provoked into action by their Imam's and other zealots, they will live out their lives in peace.

IMO, Imam's that provoke need to be killed! Yes, I said killed.
Clinton had Osama but passed because he said that he had no reason to arrest him...he should have been assassinated!

Now, there are plenty of folks that are willing to be human bombs and YES WE NEED TO RECRUIT THEM!

They need to think that they will be killing American soldiers or American Diplomats and they need to be remotely detonated when they are near OUR targets!

Is this disgusting to you? So be it!
Will this kill innocent people near the Imam's YES! TUFF TOO BAD!

There were 60 million people killed in WWII, and probably 59 million were innocent!
The Allied forces fire bombed whole cities to force surrender, we killed a million innocent civilians in Hiroshima and Nagasaki to force surrender!
If you don't like the facts, TUFF! We won and the World was better off as a result!

edge.

Bush is a loser, and will go down in history as one of our worst Presidents ever. And McCain will be a loser also in another 3 weeks, largely due to the Bush legacy and McCain's refusal to acknowledge what a screw-up Bush has been. How can you campaign on a platform of change and then say nothing to separate yourself from that last 8 years of disaster.

Just look at that past 8 years. Do you really believe McCain has a ghost of a chance?

edge,

You're blowing hot air and a lot of it. You honestly believe the Iraq war doesn't cost more money than if we hadn't started that false war? We're broken financially, but the Iraq war was cost-free? Shake your head and wake up!

There are some folks that give orders, are the cheerleaders, are the organizers, that never take the risks themselves.

The Osama's, the Hitlers, the Bill Ayers, the Imam's

The Bush's, The Cheney's....etc, etc, etc.

Now, there are plenty of folks that are willing to be human bombs and YES WE NEED TO RECRUIT THEM!

They need to think that they will be killing American soldiers or American Diplomats and they need to be remotely detonated when they are near OUR targets!

Are you volunteering edge?

"I hope McCain wins but fact is he won't."

He very well may NOT win, but it is not a "FACT". When someone like yourself makes such statements it causes me to question every thing you say.

You sure sound like a Yellow Dog Crat to me.

One last thought, do you realy think Bush or anyone person can has as much control as you claim? Don't forget who is in charge of both houses. Why did the Crats not fix things, as I recall they run things not the Prez.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.