NXS or Razor HD

Another vote for the NSX here. I have owned & used both. NXS vs Gen 1 HD. Optically I feel they are both quite good. Repeatability is also good on both. Where the NSX pulls away is in the eye box. The Gen 1 Razor is quite poor in this category meaning, it isn't nearly as forgiving as the NSX.

Is this a huge issue? no, just an annoyance for me honestly. I still have my HD and honestly have no plans of getting rid of it.

t

Which model Votex did you have trouble with?

Viper PST's in 4-16x50 and 6-24x50.

Looks like you not alone ...

Looking for some experienced opinions on the Burris Veracity 5-25x50 riflescope. I've looked at lots of reviews and these look really good so far.
This would be going on my full custom 300RUM and will be used on shots to a mile every once in a while. I have a 20MOA base already on the rifle so I know I can get close to the 2000K mark with the 65moa available in these scopes.
The price point is in my range at $1000 or just under.

I currently have a Vortex PST 6-24 SFP that has screwed up for the third and last time. It's going down the road after I make Vortex replace it this time. It has cost me too much much money in components and troubleshooting not to mention having zero confidence in it anymore, but that's all beside the point:rolleyes:
Thanks for your input!

Are the Burris XTR scopes worth looking at? I had one in my hand today I liked it. Is it lacking "that" far behind the NXS.....? I can get a new one for $700. Can it hold up to a 300 RUM?

If that's the XTRII, I'll take it in a heart beat for $700, in fact if you're willing to share the source please PM me. Thanks! :):Dgun)

Ed

I've owned my NXS for over 4 years, easy to use rock solid turrets and never an issue. I shoot long range normally between 600 and almost 1100. So I am always dialing elevation and windage. Like mentioned prior, the eye box is very easy.

There are options on the NXS not all have Zero Stop and High Speed turrets. Both are very nice to have. Nightforce Zero Stop is easy to use, loosen two set screws move the turret retighten the screws.

The Razor first gen was upgraded and released as genII pretty fast. I also have the new SHV F1 even though it only a 4-14 I can bullet splash on white steel at close to 1100yds. For a $1200 scope it offers very bright glass, solid turrets take a look.

Ive owned 2 nxs 5.5-22x56, a razor hd, and the gen 2 razor all in the last year.

I would take the nxs over either vortex. I dont like their reticles in ffp. Dont like their zero stop. And the eyebox changes a lot with magnification and elevation changes. The gen 2 razor was significantly better, but once you step into that price range there are a lot of really great options.

To mirror what wildrose said,
Two scopes i might get rid of my nighforce for would be an IOR valdada, or an S&B pm.

The nightforce isnt perfect but for the price, durability, customer service and what i use it for its a really good fit.

I love my EBR2B, but Nightforce makes a great scope as well. If I were to do it again I would look into a lighter option. March or something like it.

A friend has had nothing but bad luck with his IOR. Sent in 3 times for different repairs and recently paid for an upgrade.

I love my EBR2B, but Nightforce makes a great scope as well. If I were to do it again I would look into a lighter option. March or something like it.

A friend has had nothing but bad luck with his IOR. Sent in 3 times for different repairs and recently paid for an upgrade.

Ive heard that from others a few times as well, but they are the only ones that make a 40mm tube. Id consider ping pong-ing a scope back and forth until a got a good one.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.