Razor HD Gen II 3-18x50 Riflescope

likewise, my light carbon barreled 300WM has a VX-6 on it for that very reason, lot's of glass power and little weight. I think my 3-18 is like 18oz or something, that's half the weight.

Really second guessing myself. ☹️

Didn't think a lot about the weight when I made the purchase, just wanted a really good scope with great glass.

You will have to decide whether to mount it and shoot it, then it will be a used scope if you try to sell it.
Or sell it straight off and you said that you got a good deal on it but now you can sell it as a new scope and maybe recuperate all your money back.
Option #3 is mount it, shoot it and keep it but it will always be heavy.

When in doubt, get another rifle that matches the capabilities of the scope!
A heavy .223 or 6 br or .308 perhaps.
Then put an NSX or SHV on the above.
I'd mount it up until funds allowed for the above plan...
I have too many guns.
:)

I have decided to get a gun (later on) to match this scope. Seekins is now making a tactical bolt. I will wait until they make that in a few more calibers. Maybe the 300 PRC. I am going to put a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x50mm F1 ZeroStop .250 MOA DigIllum PTL MOAR C617 on the gun I ordered. That should suit the pro Hunter better.

I think this scope will be a much better fit for this rifle. The end of this year I will build a bench rifle to mount the vortex on.

Atacr came in today. Looks like a great scope. Can't wait to get the rifle and mount it up.

Not a huge difference in weight, but noticable. I like the retical on the nightforce better, but I like the turret/zero stop on the vortex better.

Attachments

• IMG_20190109_202658.jpg
    IMG_20190109_202658.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 118
Anyone know what the ring on the eyepiece by the lens cap on the nightforce is for?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.