Nosler BT swap to Nosler Accubond?

frankinaustin

Quick question: can I swap out Nosler Accubonds into the same load as what I have developed for a Nosler BT? The bullets look so very similar...

I have a great load with a Nosler BT - I simply want to load up with the Accubond. WIll I get similar results with the same powder charge, brass, primer, seating depth? WHat's your experience?

Thanks to all.
Frank

My family has had no problem switching back and forth between BT's and AB's.
So far there has been no POI change but we don't shoot very far and nowhere near brass bending pressures.

If I were you I would feel comfortable changing back and forth no worries.

my experience with the 180s in .308 is I beleive the accubond vs the bt when used with the same die setup the accubond is somwhere around 5 thousandths shorter oal than the bt not much but I was worried about it changing my accuracy node but it seems to be staying in there I havent chronoed them to see if there is any difference there, I am also doing this in a 7-08 with 140s , but as mtwarych said I am not at tip top pressure loads either

I use the same load with both Accubonds and BT's in my 300 with 180gr pills, the Accubond is for general deer hunting and the BT I use at ranges over 500yrds to 800yrds or so. The BT works extremely well at these ranges.
I don't even get POI differences between the 2.

Cheers.
gun)

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.