300WM Nosler Accubond Powder?

Brydawg512

Hello all,

Planning to load 200g Nosler AB for my 24" Savage 300WM. I was going to give H1000 a shot, but it seems that is pretty difficult to find.

What powders do you all recommend for this application? I'm looking for a temp. stable powder that can get me a low ES.

Also, what type of velocity should I be expecting with this 200gr -- 2,850-3,000?

Thank you all in advance.

Man, I'm fortunate enough to have a good supply of H1000. I shoot the 200gr. Accubonds using 77.5 grains and getting 2950fps oat of a 26" Douglas match grade barrel. That load shoots sub moa at 500.

H4831 is slow but very accurate. 7828 is not temp stable but will give good speed and accuracy. Rl22 is accurate fast but not temp stable. I have used MRP with the same results as Rl22 they are very very close if not the same powder. Rl25 worked well with 220smk's. VV170 560,565, and 570 should also work well. I've have not used VV or the newer Rl powders in the 300 many have with expected results.
There are plenty of ball powders also 780, magpro hunter ramshot. I played with magpro some. It needs to get to pressure before it shows anything good. You also need to clean often due to carbon build-up.

Ramshot magnum over Ramshot hunter. It's all I use now in every caliber I can use it in. Also very temp stable, only h 1000 beats it. Accurate to boot as well as clean burning.

Man, sounds like I'm really missing out on something with the H1000. Does anyone have any clue when Hodgdon is going to produce more for sale?

Gotta try what you can buy. This Corona virus isn't going to help with us getting our hands on powder. Can't get any good slow burning powder.

I get excellent results with RE25, not as temp sensitive as most say in my experience.
I also use RETUMBO with 210gr ABLR with the best results out of many powders.
Loads run 78gr RE25 with 200gr AB's and 82gr with 210gr and RETUMBO.

Cheers.

H1000, Re22, Re23 will all work well with that bullet. I get 2970fps from a 26" barrel with Re22 but will switch to Re23 once the RE22 is gone.
I get excellent results with RE25, not as temp sensitive as most say in my experience.
I also use RETUMBO with 210gr ABLR with the best results out of many powders.
Loads run 78gr RE25 with 200gr AB's and 82gr with 210gr and RETUMBO.

Cheers.

What is the temp sensitivity like in the Reloader line? I like the idea of re22 pushing a 200gr at 2900+, but have also heard it fairly temp sensitive. Where I live, I have hot summers for bear season and cold winters for deer and elk, so temp sensitivity is a decent concern of mine.

Again, I'd run with H1000 if I could get my hands on it...

In my experience, using RE25 in cartridges like the 25-06, 270 Bee, 300WM, 338 EDGE & a few Wildcats like my 338-416 RIGBY IMPROVED 45°, it is not as temp sensitive as RE22. In most cases, I get 20-30fps deviation between summer and winter, which I adjust drop for.
I am always adjusting POI, even with my comp rigs when I go interstate, so guessing that your is sighted in always is asking for trouble IMHO.

Cheers.

O

What do you get for velocity? Should I treat H4831sc the same as H4831? Is there a reason I should pick one over the other?

You should get 2850-2950 just depends on your accuracy node you go with. Sc is just short cut and will meter much easier. Same burn and same charge weight. I'd choose sc over non sc as it will flow through your meter much better!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts