300WM Nosler Accubond Powder?

Man, sounds like I'm really missing out on something with the H1000. Does anyone have any clue when Hodgdon is going to produce more for sale?
They have a statement on one of their social media pages, I don't recall which one. However, they said that it will likely take until the end of 2020 to get out of their backlog of orders. They're producing as quickly as possible though.
Military contracts have them pretty busy...

Hello all,

Planning to load 200g Nosler AB for my 24" Savage 300WM. I was going to give H1000 a shot, but it seems that is pretty difficult to find.

What powders do you all recommend for this application? I'm looking for a temp. stable powder that can get me a low ES.

Also, what type of velocity should I be expecting with this 200gr -- 2,850-3,000?

Thank you all in advance.

The beauty of reloading is working with substitute or powder that is available ...

IMR ENDURON 4955 = H4831.JPG

(IMR 4955 is comparable to H4831)

IMR ENDURON 7977 = H1000.JPG

(IMR 7977 is comparable to H1000)

IMR ENDURON 8133 = RETUMBO.JPG

(IMR 8133 is comparable to Retumbo)

H4831SC. When I used to load 200 NABs, my accuracy load was just shy of 3K FPS.

Last edited:
O

What do you get for velocity? Should I treat H4831sc the same as H4831? Is there a reason I should pick one over the other?
H4831sc & H4831 are the exact same powder but the 'SC' is 'short cut' & a shorter grain over the H4831 which allows for better load density.
I would say the load data is the same although they could act slightly different in the burn rate with the granule being a different size.
But that's probably like splitting hairs.

I have heard some people say for the same load using the 2 different powders your got 100fps different crony results.

Just work up with one or the other is the key, don't swap one for the other thinking its going to work exactly the same!

I shoot that round from 26 in browning ABolt. I use IMR4831 with great results in accuracy. I would try 68 to 71 grains for pretty peppy load. With 71 grains I get 2930fps Using Federal mag primers. I have tried h4831,7828, re22 and h1000. I have not achieved the accuracy in those powders I get with IMR483.

What is the temp sensitivity like in the Reloader line? I like the idea of re22 pushing a 200gr at 2900+, but have also heard it fairly temp sensitive. Where I live, I have hot summers for bear season and cold winters for deer and elk, so temp sensitivity is a decent concern of mine.

Again, I'd run with H1000 if I could get my hands on it...
Been using the "H-1000" with a 180 gr nosler BT, for years! Never Been any Problum, everything I have shot at went down! 81gr H-1000! Work up your Load slowly and have fun! You will find the right spot for you and your Rifle!

Hello all,

Planning to load 200g Nosler AB for my 24" Savage 300WM. I was going to give H1000 a shot, but it seems that is pretty difficult to find.

What powders do you all recommend for this application? I'm looking for a temp. stable powder that can get me a low ES.

Also, what type of velocity should I be expecting with this 200gr -- 2,850-3,000?

What is the temp sensitivity like in the Reloader line? I like the idea of re22 pushing a 200gr at 2900+, but have also heard it fairly temp sensitive. Where I live, I have hot summers for bear season and cold winters for deer and elk, so temp sensitivity is a decent concern of mine.

Again, I'd run with H1000 if I could get my hands on it...

I shoot 200gr AB out of my Rem Sendero SFII at 2700fps. 1/2moa out to 1,000yds. Here is the recipe made for me here in Dallas using Rem brass. With a brake and this velocity, the recoil is less than a .270.

Attachments

• 4D25FC32-0E6C-4E82-B4B3-E9D2193147CA.jpeg
    4D25FC32-0E6C-4E82-B4B3-E9D2193147CA.jpeg
    21.2 KB · Views: 140
Gotta try what you can buy. This Corona virus isn't going to help with us getting our hands on powder. Can't get any good slow burning powder.
4831seems to be pretty easy to find all the time. I bought lots of it, but see it at the local sporting goods store. It good for all my magnums

Hello all,

I've been using H1000 and IMR7977 for several years in my 7mm LRM, similar to your WM in case size. They turn out very similar in performance. I've found that it usually takes a few more grains of 7977 to match H1000 in velocity. Also, with heavy bullets you might give IMR8133 a try. It is similar to Retumbo in burn rate. Also Vihtavuori N565 and N570 should do really well. The N565 is close to H1000 and N570 is close to Retumbo.

Hello all,

I just checked the Vihtavuori website and they have data for the 300 WM on the N565 and N570 pages. I need to try 565 in my 6.5 PRC.

Hello all,

I don't know what powder you may decide on but I will tell you what I have done. Call Hodgen and find out when they are going to make a run of the powder you want to buy. (I think H1000 is made in Florida.) Then call Midway and reserve 3 kegs, or more if you shoot frequently, ask them when there will be a sale on powder. Sometimes after Midway buys powder and when they have sale, they will offer to pay the freight which is astronomical now on hazmat. When I say Midway buys powder I truly mean it, they will buy railroad cars of the stuff. You can ship 40 lbs. of hazmat in the same box or boxes, so if you have to pay the freight fill 'er up the freight is the same for 1oz. or 40 lbs. I get around 650 charges from a keg of H1000 when loading a 300 WM. I know it is expensive to invest this much money but this is how we that have loaded for years do it. Worse than this is telling your wife that you are going to fork out $1000 bucks for powder and sleeping on the couch hurts my back. If you do this you will probably have enough to carry you through the lean times. Nothing is worse than having $10,000 invested in reloading equipment and nothing to charge with. Most young reloaders get this backwards but there are always some old salts around that might have a little extra powder, primers, bullets, brass or lead you can trade them out of or like me just loan it to them until they can replace it. Good luck and good shooting.

I've found H1000 to give me the best performance. You might have to experiment with bullets a bit to find what shoots best in ur riffle.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.