300WM Nosler Accubond Powder?

I am messing with a savage 300 with 24" barrel too. I had trouble getting great groups until I remembered to let it cool 10 min between shots. The barrel on mine doesn't like being warm.

That being said, I was using rl26, n565, and h1000 with 190 ablr bullets. The rl26 was pushing them at just over 3100 fps at max load. Never got it too shoot great because I learned my gun didn't like to be warm after I started messing with something else.

The n565 gave me 3070 at max load and I droped down to 3020 to catch a good accuracy node.

H1000 gave me a little over 3000 fps and I wasn't able to see pressure signs before I was crunching powder too much and having the bullets starting to spring back out after seating.

After that I tried some 165 accubonds and rl26 and H4831sc. The rl26 gave me 3325 fps at max and I never found a good node with it because I was shooting too fast and warming up the barrel

The H4831sc showed good potential with the 165's. 3276 fps was max load and had a good looking node about a half a grain under that.

All of this was done loading rounds as long as I can fit them in the savage factory dbm. They were jumping some because of that. So I was limited to finding something that had to work at that length. I have a load with the 190 ablr and n565 that does good so I am going to take it out farther and see what it does.

I am messing with a savage 300 with 24" barrel too. I had trouble getting great groups until I remembered to let it cool 10 min between shots. The barrel on mine doesn't like being warm.

That being said, I was using rl26, n565, and h1000 with 190 ablr bullets. The rl26 was pushing them at just over 3100 fps at max load. Never got it too shoot great because I learned my gun didn't like to be warm after I started messing with something else.

The n565 gave me 3070 at max load and I droped down to 3020 to catch a good accuracy node.

H1000 gave me a little over 3000 fps and I wasn't able to see pressure signs before I was crunching powder too much and having the bullets starting to spring back out after seating.

After that I tried some 165 accubonds and rl26 and H4831sc. The rl26 gave me 3325 fps at max and I never found a good node with it because I was shooting too fast and warming up the barrel

The H4831sc showed good potential with the 165's. 3276 fps was max load and had a good looking node about a half a grain under that.

All of this was done loading rounds as long as I can fit them in the savage factory dbm. They were jumping some because of that. So I was limited to finding something that had to work at that length. I have a load with the 190 ablr and n565 that does good so I am going to take it out farther and see what it does.

I have the 110 Hunter model with the little plastic magazine. What's the longest you can load your rounds and still fit in your mag? How much jump from mag fit size to lands on your rifle?

I have the 110 Hunter model with the little plastic magazine. What's the longest you can load your rounds and still fit in your mag? How much jump from mag fit size to lands on your rifle?
3.490" base to tip of bullet. That allows for .010" clearance in the magazine. I have the cheaper 111 hunter model with the magazine in the stock and not in normal bottom metal.

Well, try doing what we used to do shooting metallic silhouette's, SHOOTING A XP100 7BR. Would use "freon" right after a shot to help Cool down the Chamber & pipe! Course, they outlawed the use, but it did work! Or, try putting an Ice Bag over everything! Also, keeps beer cold!

Well, try doing what we used to do shooting metallic silhouette's, SHOOTING A XP100 7BR. Would use "freon" right after a shot to help Cool down the Chamber & pipe! Course, they outlawed the use, but it did work! Or, try putting an Ice Bag over everything! Also, keeps beer cold!
Good idea. Lol. Probably would try something like that if I didn't have a 110 yd range in my yard, so I can walk out and shoot once then do other stuff for 5 or 10 min and not inconvenience other.

3.490" base to tip of bullet. That allows for .010" clearance in the magazine. I have the cheaper 111 hunter model with the magazine in the stock and not in normal bottom metal.

Thank you. I'm sorry, but do you mean you don't have a removable magazine and you have a floor plate or something? Just wondering if my mag is the same length as yours or not

Hello all,

Planning to load 200g Nosler AB for my 24" Savage 300WM. I was going to give H1000 a shot, but it seems that is pretty difficult to find.

What powders do you all recommend for this application? I'm looking for a temp. stable powder that can get me a low ES.

Also, what type of velocity should I be expecting with this 200gr -- 2,850-3,000?

Thank you all in advance.
I use either H1000 and IMR7828, both give me accurate result

I find it amusing that a lot of you still believe Hodgdon MAKE powder...they DO NOT and have NEVER made powder, they only re-package and sell/market powder.

All of the Extreme line are made in Australia by ADI/Thames. There are in fact 2 separate plants since the fire back in 2005/6.

Hope this clears up the mis-information on the interwebs.

Cheers.

I found Rl22 gave an easy 2900 FPS with a 200 grain woodleigh in my .300 win. It's temp sensitive. Rl23?

rl25 would be just perfect.

you won't fit enough 8133 in the case to reach full power, as I'm learning with 225eld in this cartridge.

4831 works of course but is not living up to potential.
Old school 7828 and the ssc version, imr 7977 as well, would be hard to outdo.

Like I've said before Ramshot magnum or h1000 . When you find either buy in bulk. R l 22 , i m r was too temp instable. H 4831 didn't give the velocity I was looking for.

Scored 2 pounds of Reloader 26 finally in Alberta! Long overdue. Testing 190 grain Bergers, 190 grain LRX, and need some 200 grain Accubonds. In the past, I double checked the loads in cold weather with good results, better than RL-22 or 25.

I've found that when using the 200 gr Accubond in my 300 Win the length of the bullet takes up a lot of room in my case thus making the load very compressed when using powders that exceed appx 75 grs. At least in my rifle/magazine set up. Because of this I use either IMR 4831, H 4831 or IMR 7828. I get good results with these and they are easy to source. If RL-26 was available, then this I believe would be the ticket. I got great results with it in mine using 175 Barnes LRX, but just about impossible to source. The 180 gr Accubond is also a great bullet in the 300 WM. JMO

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.