300WM Nosler Accubond Powder?

Agreed really struggle at 78 grains, I did manage to stuff 80 grains of 8133 under a 200 grain ELD-X but there was a heck of a crunch! Looking forward to RL-26 as I should limit this to 77 grains over 190 or 200 grain bullets.

In my 300 Win I was able to get to 76.5 grs with the 175 Barnes LRX with a vel of 3225 ft/sec. BUT with the 200 gr Speer Spt I was only able to get to 68 grs before pressure showed up. Velocity was in the high 2800's . Sounds low to me for some reason, but I didn't have enough R-26 to test with other 200 gr bullets. I was expecting to get to appx 74 grs.

I do find some bullets have a very long bearing surface and or appear to be "sticky" Looking in my logs I was at 79.5 grains with 180 Nosler Accubond and 75 with the 200 grain Accubonds.....different bullets, different results. 68 is low for sure. I have 190 grain Barnes LRX on hand as well as 168 grain TTSX but that 175 is sounding good. Any actual results on game?

No I have not been fortunate enough to have harvested anything with them, but feel very confidant in their performance based on informal test I have done on wet material (water jug etc) and info from other posters on line. Barnes are known good hunting bullets and these 175 LRX get me .7 MOA accuracy.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts