Nosler ballistic tip

Ive been studying the 165 SSTs since they are pretty much always in stock.
If you decide to give him a try and they work good for you make sure you get extras because they just had an explosion a few days ago at the Hornady ammunition plant I don't know if the bullet manufacturing part was damaged along with the ammunition part or not

If you decide to give him a try and they work good for you make sure you get extras because they just had an explosion a few days ago at the Hornady ammunition plant I don't know if the bullet manufacturing part was damaged along with the ammunition part or not
Dang it!
It seems like our long awaited "back to normal" is getting farther away by the day!

Just to clear the air… I am not against all copper mono use. I just haven't had a use for them yet.
One day I may need to use these 145 LRX sitting on my shelf or grab some Hammers if I must use them in a "copper only" hunting area.

The 168s are a sturdier bullet than the 165s. They also shoot better in my 30-06's.
Like the OP, I've been running low since 2020. Nosler hasn't made a run of these bullets for 4+ years.

So my question is have they been discontinued?

No, just out of stock. Request notification when they come back into stock.

1697812270103.png

Realize also that most manufacturers have been concentrating on ammunition instead of components. Therefore, that old way of thinking comes into play, buy them when you find them.

I quit worrying about the difference between the 165 BT and the 168 BT a long time ago. When loading .30-06 with both, they both performed on AZ white tail/mule deer as designed. You couldn't tell the difference between a deer shot with one or the other. They both died. Stay off the bones and you don't lose much meat at all.

I just bought some 'blems' from SPS just to have on the shelf. On the other hand, I bought some cases of Hornady Black .308 Win. with both the 155 and 168 AMAX loads. These are superb in several rifles built for the .308 Win. and have harvested several deer hunted up in the Kaibab National Forest (Tusayan). The Kaibab is a mix of deciduous and pine woods broken up with some larger grassy meadows. Shots will range from 30 - 300 yards so nothing very difficult.

Enjoy the hunting!

:)

I've used both 165gr and 168gr Nosler Ballistic Tips in my 30-06's.Both gave me DRT kills on everything I shot.The 168gr is just a little longer and loaded the same,I was getting around 30fps slower than the 165's.The biggest thing for me was my rifles,be it 308 Win,30-06,308 Norma Mag all shot them more accurately than the 165gr.I haven't seen any available for around three years or so.Nosler kinda dropped the ball on taking care of their hunting customers at the same time you could find plenty of their Custom Competition bullets that I never hear about anyone shooting them.