Nosler 168 gr ballistic tip

Has anyone tried them in their 308 yet?

A local dealer has ordered them for me & I will pick them up when I am working in that area, in the next week or so. I shoot the 165BT now & I will compare & with the 168Berger as well. I think the increase in BC of .490 as opposed to .475 for the 165 is goo for just a 3 grain increas in wt. I don't know if that means it is shaped slightly diff or what.

I wii test in the next couple of weeks.

I'm not sure about the shape, but they are different inside. They have a thicker jacket on the bottom 1/3 or so of the bullet...to slow expansion.

At least that's what I got out of what I read on Noslers website.

I almost bought a box of the yesterday...but I got the 165's because they are easier to find and I did not want to work up a load and then not be able to get bullets...was not sure of their availability...now I wish I had gotten them.

Last edited:
I would be interested in finding out about these too. I picked up some custom comps for my PBR XP, but wouldn't mind having a good hunting/training bullet.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts