300wm 180gr nosler ballistic tip

For 300 WM, I use 73 gr of H4831 and WLRM primers with the 180 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. Tight groups from my Ruger Magnum Hunter Rifle with a 24" barrel. Haven't chronographed it, but no pressure signs. Also got good groups with 72.5 gr, but increasing to 73.5 gr widened the groups. Haven't tried it on game yet.

I shot 75.5 grains or reloader 22 behind the 180 BT for quite some time with 3/4 MOA accuracy. 3250 FPS out of a 26 inch sporter barrel.

Decided i would try to get the groups tighter, i settled on 72 grains or reloader 22 CCI Mag primer W/winchester brass....I now achieve consistent 1/2 MOA accuracy with velocity at 3085 FPS average with an extreme spread of 11 FPS over a 10 shot string (that took a long time to let the barrel cool :).) all the while shooting off my bipod and rear bag.

Very happy with my results, with lower pressures to boot gun) I cannot believe how well this rifle shoots now!

im a big fan of my .300 winmag encore 26" hvy barrel it loves the h1000 and 180 pro hunters and ive tried all the powders next one down the list for me would be the h4831 it was ok but the h1000 made the holes touch

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.