North Carolina Black Bear

NC coastal areas have LOTS of big bears. I have two farms, one on each side of Pantego that are loaded in bears. Lots of crops, thick woods and mild winter (meaning no hibernation) equals lots of bears and some really big ones.
I assume you know Adam?

If you passed on 50 bears, you were hunting over bait, I'm guessing? Do you get around by boat? I grew up in the western part of the state but never heard about these massive black bears down east until the last few years.
We didn't sit over bait because it's too hard to get in and out of the ground blinds or stands so they set up on trails between food and cover and catch them as they move back and forth.
It must've been exceptionally dry this year which made it easy for us to get around. They recommended rubber boots which I wore for 1 day till I started getting blisters then I switched to my Schnee's and never had to step in water.
So on certain years I can't say for sure if they use boats to get to certain areas?

We didn't sit over bait because it's too hard to get in and out of the ground blinds or stands so they set up on trails between food and cover and catch them as they move back and forth.
It must've been exceptionally dry this year which made it easy for us to get around. They recommended rubber boots which I wore for 1 day till I started getting blisters then I switched to my Schnee's and never had to step in water.
So on certain years I can't say for sure if they use boats to get to certain areas?
Wow, just crawling with bears.....really nice one you picked out of the crowd! Sounds like a fun hunt.

I inquired about pricing with Tri County Guide Service
Prices seem extremely expensive to me…I could be wrong or I'm just poor.
IMG_4793.png

I inquired about pricing with Tri County Guide Service
Prices seem extremely expensive to me…I could be wrong or I'm just poor.
View attachment 542550

Agreed, way too expensive for a black bear hunt!! I'm going to Saskatchewan for 5 days all inclusive and it's $3,500. Might have to hold out for a giant bear but they are definitely there.