North Carolina Black Bear

I inquired about pricing with Tri County Guide Service
Prices seem extremely expensive to me…I could be wrong or I'm just poor.
View attachment 542550
The OP was asked about the price and other things about the hunt in post #6 and decided to pm. I really don't think it's appropriate to post this on his thread. If he wanted everyone to know the price he would have posted it.
Yea it's expensive but some people spend 6 k on a whitetail hunt or 25 k for elk.

The OP was asked about the price and other things about the hunt in post #6 and decided to pm. I really don't think it's appropriate to post this on his thread. If he wanted everyone to know the price he would have posted it.
Yea it's expensive but some people spend 6 k on a whitetail hunt or 25 k for elk.
I don't see how it's inappropriate…the bear is awesome. I've never been on a guided hunt or used an outfitter. I'd love to shoot a bear like he shot, as I'm sure any of us on here would…I was just alittle shocked at the price…clearly others were interested in possibly using the same service or going through a similar outfit. Some of us can afford those prices some of us can't. I certainly can't.

Greengt88,
You live in a state that has tanks also, have to figure out how you can get one closer to home on a diy and make it affordable!
There are def some tanks here in Pennsylvania. 875lbs is the state record. I'm partially handicapped so diy is not on the menu for me. I'd have no way to get it out of the woods or transport it. Pretty much left with using a service and hunting over bait etc. Hence my interest in outfit used by OP. I've read NC is prob best state on east coast for black bears. I also understand his kill is rare and likely a once in a lifetime bear. I'm happy to see anyone get one like that.

I used to build and maintain cell phone towers out of Wilmington Nc and hunted black bears bout halfway to Long Island in the swamp and OMG them some big critters down there . I might schedule a trip for my wife and I when we go slay pigs in Texas . Eventually Mt will offer griz tags and I'll be hunting them with a 12 inch Contender in 30 GNR

There are def some tanks here in Pennsylvania. 875lbs is the state record. I'm partially handicapped so diy is not on the menu for me. I'd have no way to get it out of the woods or transport it. Pretty much left with using a service and hunting over bait etc. Hence my interest in outfit used by OP. I've read NC is prob best state on east coast for black bears. I also understand his kill is rare and likely a once in a lifetime bear. I'm happy to see anyone get one like that.
If you are partially handicapped you will get assistance from the Pennsylvania game commission. You should email them with your questions and concerns. I emailed them with a question last year and received a reply in a few days.
You could also check with the few elk outfitters in Pa for a possible bear hunt.

I've hunted black bears in many places. The bear in my avatar was taken in Newfoundland. I have taken several bears that I considered "big", but they were all in the 300-350lb class. The OP's bear is nearly double the weight of a "big" black bear IMO.

Congrats again on taking a "really big" brute of a black bear. I'd love to hunt there myself, but I do have some self-imposed limitations.