Norma brass Issues….

I normalize all my brass. In doing this it normalizes the flash hole. I never had a problem with us,European,Korean,and African brass regardless of brand of brass depriming using Mighty Armory deprimer. This includes crimped primers.

Was cranking 9mm brass on the bench today, prepped 1k & tossed in the tumbler. Grabbed my next bag of mixed head stamp & started running into issues. Bent de-capping pin thread insert after changing 1broken pin replacement. Narrowed my issue down to NORMA 9mm brass. Got like 7 of them set aside so far. The Norma brass has a smaller flash hole than all other standard 9mm in my possession. Posting this thread to gather intel & maybe give a few handloaders a heads-up if they've stockpiled Norma 9mm for reloading…….using RCBS Carbide 3die setView attachment 349188View attachment 349189View attachment 349190

I'd reduce the size of the pin and keep the small flash holes. keep a reduced size pin specially for the Norma cases. You will probably find the cases hold less powder due to the extra thickness of Norma brass. I find Norma brass excellent, only problem they are expensive due to value of the
Euro.

Also can you just uniform flash hole,then done with issue.What are you doing for system?Some type of progressive,I want to start loading for my pistol as a more affordable option currently
I'm using single stage setup for subsonic handloads, works great! Less time on phone, & more time on bench with my boy. He absolutely loves it, probably 10 hours to prep all 1500 pieces completely. I know there's faster ways but I'm making it work…..
ED58EC08-8C84-460E-8F19-8487033E7D7C.jpeg

Was cranking 9mm brass on the bench today, prepped 1k & tossed in the tumbler. Grabbed my next bag of mixed head stamp & started running into issues. Bent de-capping pin thread insert after changing 1broken pin replacement. Narrowed my issue down to NORMA 9mm brass. Got like 7 of them set aside so far. The Norma brass has a smaller flash hole than all other standard 9mm in my possession. Posting this thread to gather intel & maybe give a few handloaders a heads-up if they've stockpiled Norma 9mm for reloading…….using RCBS Carbide 3die setView attachment 349188View attachment 349189View attachment 349190
I ran into a similar issue with some creedmor brass. Norma forgot to drill out the flash hole completely.