ADG Brass quality issues?

I was looking forward to my first delivery of ADG brass today after reading tons of reviews about them and how people love it. Sure enough, the mailman dropped it off and I was eager to see my new stuff. However, I was disappointed with what arrived. I went through and inspected all 50 pieces weighing, and measuring each one. Out of all the pieces, the overall lengths were the most consistent between the 50 pieces, followed by weight and then the chamfering and de-burring that needed to be done to each case.
Overall lengths were within .005 and the weight was within 5 grains. Not exactly what I was expecting after reading the reviews from multiple websites. However, the most annoying thing was having to chamfer and de-burr each piece. Some of the pieces were so bad it was visible to my blind eye and confirmed by running my fingers over the case mouth.

Maybe I'm being too critical of what I got but I've used other brass manufacturers for other projects and haven't had to put the leg work in like I did with these.
Has anyone else had issues with ADG?

I was looking forward to my first delivery of ADG brass today after reading tons of reviews about them and how people love it. Sure enough, the mailman dropped it off and I was eager to see my new stuff. However, I was disappointed with what arrived. I went through and inspected all 50 pieces weighing, and measuring each one. Out of all the pieces, the overall lengths were the most consistent between the 50 pieces, followed by weight and then the chamfering and de-burring that needed to be done to each case.
Overall lengths were within .005 and the weight was within 5 grains. Not exactly what I was expecting after reading the reviews from multiple websites. However, the most annoying thing was having to chamfer and de-burr each piece. Some of the pieces were so bad it was visible to my blind eye and confirmed by running my fingers over the case mouth.

Maybe I'm being too critical of what I got but I've used other brass manufacturers for other projects and haven't had to put the leg work in like I did with these.
Has anyone else had issues with ADG?
Most companies you have to do prep before shooting. It's part of the game, adg is great brass. It will do its job very well.

I chamfered mine as well, and honestly don't care. It takes about 4 minutes to do 50 cases.....

The brass is consistent and tough, that's all I ask for. Lapua brass comes loose in a box, often with dinged necks and I have to run them through a sizing die, which is way more effort than chamfering, but I still use it. ADG is the only option in 7mm rem mag right now that is tough, and has been working great for me.

I'm with the others adg is great brass, and making stuff that lapua doesn't. I always go through and chamfer the case mouths on all brass. It will be great brass that lasts for you. I'm using it in my 7mag to and it's the only good brass available or at least the best for the money. Wish they would make 7wsm and 270win brass.

I'm with the others adg is great brass, and making stuff that lapua doesn't. I always go through and chamfer the case mouths on all brass. It will be great brass that lasts for you. I'm using it in my 7mag to and it's the only good brass available or at least the best for the money. Wish they would make 7wsm and 270win brass.
Peterson, adg, lapua, SOMEONE needs to make .270 brass that I can use in the shermans!! Norma is ok, but.....

Does lapua make 30-06 brass still I suppose we could neck that down. I know rws makes 270 brass but it's super expensive and hard to get.

I got some ADG .300 Win Mag brass in a few weeks ago. Like Cody, I chamfered mine as well and don't care to have to do that......especially now of all times. It was pretty consistent for all critical measurement areas. I have yet to fire any of it due to still waiting on my build to be finished, but I have no issues with ADG brass so far.....

Lapua does make 30-06 brass.
Been pretty happy with ADG and Peterson brass. After going thru 1700 pieces of Peterson I finally did find a suspect piece. Filled it with my normal charge and it filled the case to the top?.... Emptied case ran a flash hole tool looked in case looks normal. Haven't investigated any further yet.

They are too busy making oddball [at least to me] stuff to bother with more mainstream cartridge cases.

I too received a box of 50 pieces of ADG brass recently. It's 300 win mag and hasn't been available. I chamfered and be-burred as have others without any concern. The length varied +/- .001" for an extreme spread of .002" which I consider very good. Avg weight is 350.3 grs compared to 335.2 grs for Winchester cases. H2O volume is 3.2 grs less in ADG cases coming in at 89.7grs. The volume was calculated in cases necked down to 7mm and fireformed. Necking it down it was butter smooth. No losses and no donut. I'm pleased and will purchase much more as it's available.

Thanks for the reply back. From what I had read in a lot of the reviews, people raved about it but never said anything about prep work or anything else. This makes me feel a lot better reading what's been posted. Thanks for the info and heads up. I'm hoping my 7 mag will like this stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.